As an ID, you will be responsible for the analysis, design, and development of online and blended training solutions. Working closely with Clients, Managers, Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts and Developers, you will create custom training solutions that meet specific program and organizational goals.
What you'll do
- Using ALSC process and standards, storyboard EL/DL products as prioritized by ALSC leadership in terms of content, media, learner profiles, instructional methods, and levels of knowledge.
- Liaise with courseware project SMEs and OPIs for content acquisition, clarification, and overall alignment of EL/DL content to the desired POs in accordance with the mandated TP. These SMEs and OPIs can be part of the ALSC team or TE personnel.
- Advise and liaise with the production and quality assurance teams during product design, development, release, and evaluation phases, including but not limited to contributing to learner assessment products, QC checks complete with verifications, and peer review.
- Assist Intermediate ID in conducting QC reviews if required and report any issues to PM.
- Synthesize content into creative, sound instructional design that is cognitively engaging.
- Write assessment questions appropriate to the level of learning, matching the learning objectives.
- Work cooperatively with multi-disciplinary project teams consisting of DND civilian and military personnel, interns, and other contractors.
- Participate in appropriate planning processes, meeting and working groups dealing primarily with the overall project, the project team and matters pertaining to general courseware production and the content review and revision cycles.
- Ensure consistency and maintain documentation for specific style guidelines (i.e., project specific or school specific style guides.
- Prepare courseware text documents to be sent to translation.
- Support development of the project plan and schedule.
- Assist in the design the learning solution and prepare both high level and detailed design documents.
- Assist in the design and support the development of prototypes and beta test products and ensure compliance with specifications and standards.
- Liaise with development staff as needed prior to and during production (ie. to refine media specifications, to clarify storyboards and to share updates or changes).
- Identify potential obstacles, scope changes or impact on deliverables.
- Ensure all project work containing Controlled Goods or Sensitive material is developed and adheres to ALSC/Army process/policy.
- Assist in conducting background research and content analysis from a design perspective.
- Assist Project Lead ID on assigned project/projects documents.
- Assist team in inputting French/English translation to courseware to create ALSC bilingual products when required.
- Assist in the review of source materials, interview subject matter experts and conduct other related activities to identify and acquire the necessary content for courseware design and development.
- Ensure course objectives including assessment strategies, are mapped from the TP and design documents.
- Complete specific monthly deliverables as mandated by the CDevO or his delegate.
- Collaborate with the client and project team in the creation, review and refinement of courseware prototypes and beta tests.
- Work with the PM to develop effort estimates for courseware production tasks, to include daily time tracking using automated software.
- Assist in providing advice, interpretation, and guidance and deliver presentations on courseware or project-related issues.
- Assist in supporting resolution to key project-specific issues, providing advice on alternative strategies and approaches.
- Support the ALSC vision and contribute to strategies and courses of action.
- Assist in providing support when required in the areas of:
- Trends and Theories.
- Support leadership on the resolution of issues.
- Foster positive relationships with representatives of other Sections, TEs, and Project Teams to develop a broad professional knowledge of issues, trends, and service requirements to anticipate evolving trends, initiatives, and requirements.
- Assist in performing ID peer reviews on storyboards (IAW QA and ID standards and SOPs).
- Work with and mentor intern(s) in support of the Internship program and ALSC project requirements.
- Collaborate with Media Developers and the client in the creation, review, and refinement of courseware prototypes and tests.
What you'll need
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications in one of the following streams:
- Must have a college diploma or degree in any field.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in the last 10 years in Instructional Design.
- Must have a minimum of 3-years' experience in the last 10 years in the instructional design of eLearning products.
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation designs, develops, and integrates advanced training solutions including state-of-the-art training and simulation products and highly interactive courseware and technical documentation. Our approach meets the demands of today's modern armed forces providing blended training solutions from the classroom through to simulated virtual environments aimed at improving safety, productivity, and efficiency. Bluedrop has developed a unique suite of cutting-edge virtual rear crew and hoist mission training systems and armored vehicle simulators. Bluedrop Training & Simulation is a small to medium-sized enterprise providing a strong value proposition offering Canadian designed and developed solutions. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky (owned by Lockheed Martin).
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What's in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers, to keep us growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.