About the Role
Manifold's mission is to bring the power of cloud services to all developers. You'll help bring that story to life by figuring out the "how." You'll be doing all the product manager things: you'll take a new big idea, figure out how to test its assumptions and value, run product discovery with design, development, and other stakeholders to see if it's worth building, then define how we're going to build it. You'll be tracking and reporting back on how your releases did, and what we learned. You'll be building relationships with customers and providers, doing usability testing, and determining how the team can meet its larger objectives.
We'll be supporting your development by setting you up with clearly defined areas of responsibility where you can succeed. Much of the research and work will be towards specific questions or releases, and with the scope of responsibility including work like bug prioritization and tracking support needs.
Given the technical nature of a cloud services marketplace, this is a particularly great opportunity for a developer or QA person looking to move into Product Management.
About our Team
Manifold is helping developers break free from the closed ecosystems of the cloud and into a more open, standards based community of services and APIs. Our marketplace connects applications, wherever they are hosted, to independent cloud services made by developers who care. Read more about our vision and funding here and check out our blog.
Our partially distributed team is fun-loving, knowledgeable, and deeply productive. We're organized to let you explore and grow a variety of skills and capabilities, with many chances to create a significant impact.
We value diversity and supporting a distributed culture. Gender diversity is currently about one quarter. About half of the company work outside of the home Halifax, Canada office, including product, software development, and design leaders.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and everyone
- Drive product discovery processes
- Prioritize work, herding the many cats of the team backlog
- Support our customers directly as an extension of customer research
- Story tell, both Manifold's to the world and customers' within Manifold
- Be the voice of the customer as we define our work and ensure that we're helping
What you'll need
- Strong communication skills with a team-centric approach to discussion and decision-making.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions and the judgement to know when data's not enough
- Empathy and respect for others, with "strong opinions loosely held."
- Stakeholder management, in all its forms -- building relationships, setting expectations, saying no with grace, finding alignment, knowing when and how to have the difficult conversations
- Knowledge of some developer tools
- Experience with developer tools and cloud services strongly preferred
- Experience collaborating with support teams, or working in support
- Experience with product scoping frameworks, like Jobs to be Done
- Experience with user-facing discovery processes, like Personas, User Journeys, Empathy Mapping
- Experience working remotely in a global, distributed team
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We're a small, remote-reliant, venture-backed company based in Halifax, Canada. We have a shared passion for making developers' lives easier. Our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at Red Hat, Heroku, LinkedIn, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- stock options are available as part of your compensation
- yearly professional development allowance of $2,000 towards education, training, conferences, or anything that helps your career
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you're in the United States, we also offer:
- 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings (contributions unmatched)
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We believe you should work where you're most productive. If you want to join us in our cozy office in Halifax, Nova Scotia, you'd be welcome! We'd love to have you. If you're remote, you're also welcome! For meetings, we'd strongly prefer you be within four hours of the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-5) which means as far west as the Pacific Time Zone and as far east as Brazil, Argentina, and Greenland.
Please apply here with resume and cover letter (what's your favorite product management book?), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org