Manifold is helping developers break free from the closed ecosystems of the cloud and into a more open, standards based community of services and APIs. Our marketplace connects applications, wherever they are hosted, to independent cloud services made by developers who care. Read more about our vision and funding here and check out our blog.
We are looking for a collaborative front-end developer to help us build our quickly-evolving web platform and iterate on new features.
Our partially distributed software development team is fun-loving, knowledgeable, and extremely productive. We're organized to let you explore and grow a variety of skills and capabilities, with many chances to create a significant impact. Many of us have strong ties to the open-source world, and have experience building tools at companies like Heroku, Red Hat, LinkedIn, and Canonical.
We value diversity and supporting a distributed culture. Gender diversity is currently about one quarter. About half of the company work outside of the home Halifax, Canada office, including product, software development, and design leaders.
What you'll do
- Improve your skills in a culture that encourages you and the entire company to grow as developers, teams, and people.
- Become a model for building well-architected, performant, well-tested, and understandable code.
- Manage technical debt. Help us find the right corners to cut for speed, and the right problems to invest in for maintainability.
- Be passionate about our mission, and help us imagine Manifold's future. Work closely with design and product in short design-first iteration.
- Be curious. Learn, practice, share, and improve our knowledge and best practices in technologies, security, software development, design and collaboration.
What you'll need
- Strong communication skills with a team centric approach to discussion and decision-making. Empathy and respect for others, with "strong opinions loosely held."
- Solid grasp of CSS principles and semantic markup.
- Full command of Git, GitHub, the terminal, continuous deployment and integration, and other modern fundamentals.
- Experience deploying and operating server-side code that could have used a service like Manifold is extremely nice to have.
- Experience extracting front-end assets from design programs like Sketch or InVision is very nice to have.
- Experience working in a global, distributed team is very nice to have.
- Our backend and CLI are written in Go; Go experience is nice to have.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We're a venture-backed company that is distributed around North America. Our home base is Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have a shared passion for making developers' lives easier. Our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at npm, Red Hat, Heroku, LinkedIn, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- statutory/federal holidays, plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- yearly professional development allowance of $2,000 towards education, training, conferences, or any education tool that helps your career
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- up to 16 weeks fully paid maternity or paternity leave after one year at Manifold, with additional 8 weeks of unpaid leave if necessary
- use of a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you're in the United States, we also offer 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings, although contributions are unmatched at this early stage in the company's growth.
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We believe you should work where you're most productive. If you want to join us in our cozy office in Halifax, Nova Scotia, you'd be welcome! We'd love to have you. If you're remote, you're also welcome! For meetings, we'd strongly prefer you be within four hours of the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-5) which means as far west as the Pacific Time Zone and as far east as Brazil, Argentina, and Greenland.
Please apply here, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sr. Technical Program Manager - Developer Ecosystem (remote friendly)
Halifax, NS, CA
Director, Ecosystem (Partnership Management)
San Francisco, CA, US
Customer Success Lead (remote-friendly)
Halifax, NS, CA
Senior Front-end Developer, React
Halifax, NS, CA
Senior Back-end Developer, Go
Halifax, NS, CA