The junior mechanical engineer will execute foundational engineering tasks, working under the direct supervision of a senior engineer, The aim is to advance applied engineering proficiencies in civil engineering.
What you'll do
- Identify, report, and address issues with processes, products, and systems, collaborating closely with senior engineers.
- Assist in the development of innovative methods to enhance product quality and process efficiency.
- Create detailed design schematics for project components and initiate mechanical engineering projects with precise calculations.
- Test, build, and develop a variety of mechanical devices, such as machines, engines, and tools.
- Evaluate products for functionality and conduct necessary re-engineering to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure compliance with quality requirements across all programs, functions, and areas.
- Prepare thorough reports and summaries of ongoing projects for senior engineers.
- Collaborate effectively with engineering team members to address all aspects of projects
What you'll need
- Communication skills: Clear communication and active listening are vital in this collaborative role in working closely with the engineering team.
- Attention to detail: strong focus is required to sift through extensive lines of code and design schematics to identify and resolve problems.
- Patience: Isolating and rectifying issues can be a time consuming process, patience and staying composed is crucial.
- Creativity: Designing and developing new machinery and tools demands creativity and the ability to conceptualize innovative projects.
- Ability to comprehend and follow directions.
- Basic understanding of ISO-9000.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software program.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Internship in related fields is highly desired.
- Experience using a database such as FoxPro or Oracle is highly desired.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel to various job sites and traverse locations to obtain necessary data.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.