This is an entry level position suitable for anyone with a background and passion in training and education. As a junior ID, you will be responsible for the development of online and blended training solutions. Working effectively with Project Managers, Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Multimedia Developers, you will create custom training solutions that meet specific requirements for our defence clients. Bluedrop provides an exceptional training program to ensure your success in this role. This is a tremendous opportunity for individuals looking to move into the eLearning industry.
This position would be based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Remote work is not an option.
What you'll do
- Working collaboratively with SMEs, multimedia developers, programmers, and Instructional Design Team.
- Creating lesson plans (Lesson Design Documents) that describe the structure, content, and media presentation for a unit of learning.
- Creating lesson outlines that describe the lesson structure, high-level content, and initial media descriptions.
- Organizing content into a sequence of topics to create a lesson that aligns with the learning/training/performance objective(s).
- Creating storyboards that provide content hierarchy, navigation instructions, text, media descriptions, scripts (narrative, video, and animation), and programming notes while adhering to applicable style guides and standards.
- Making media requests, tracking media development, and incorporating developed media into target lessons.
- Building interactive and engaging courseware using eLearning authoring tools.
- Revising lessons in response to internal QA and client reviews.
- Designing and writing help systems, instructor guides, and student guides.
- Providing peer reviews and assistance to other IDs.
- Performing other instructional design duties as assigned.
What you'll need
- Must have a Diploma or University Degree in the preferred fields: Education, Adult Education, eLearning, Instructional Design.
- Experience developing instructional courseware, lesson plans, or curriculum in a technical environment is considered an asset.
- Utilizing eLearning software tools (Articulate Storyline, Jira, Captivate, Lectora) is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as an active team member.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain NATO Secret Security Clearance.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.