This is an entry level position suitable for any person with a background in training and education. As a junior ID, you will be responsible for the development of online and blended training solutions. Working effectively with Project Managers (PM), Project Lead Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Multimedia Developers, you will create custom training solutions that meet specific requirements for our defence clients. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to get into the e-Learning industry as Bluedrop provides a great environment to work under an awesome senior instructional design team to learn the specifics of the job.
Please note, there are multiple positions available for this role. Employees are required to work onsite in the Halifax office. Remote work is not an option for this role.
What you'll do
- Working effectively with SMEs, multimedia developers, programmers and PMs;
- Creating lesson plans (Lesson Design Documents) that describe the structure, content and media presentation for a unit of learning;
- Creating lesson outlines that describe the lesson structure, high-level content and initial media descriptions;
- Organizing content into a sequence of topics to create a lesson that aligns with the learning/training/performance objective(s);
- Creating storyboards that provide content hierarchy, navigation instructions, text, media descriptions, scripts (narrative, video and animation), and programming notes while adhering to applicable style guides and standards;
- Making media requests, tracking media development and incorporating developed media into target lessons;
- Building interactive and engaging courseware using e-learning authoring tools;
- Revising lessons in response to internal QA and client reviews;
- Designing and writing help systems, instructor guides and student guides; and
- Providing peer reviews and assistance to other IDs.
- Performing other instructional design duties as assigned.
What you'll need
- A Diploma in Instructional Design or equivalent (Bachelor of Education Degree or Certification in Adult Education).
- 1 year of experience developing instructional courseware in a technical software environment or 1 year experience in developing lesson plans or curriculum.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain NATO secret security clearance.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best…
Junior eLearning Product Programmer (ELPP)
Gagetown, NB, CA
Sensor Operator (SENSO) Training Specialist
Shearwater, NS, CA
Junior Instructional Designer (ID)
Gagetown, NB, CA
Tactical Coordinator (TACCO) Training Specialist
Shearwater, NS, CA
Jr. eLearning Product Programmer (ELPP)
Fredericton, NB, CA