We're looking for a junior-level creative with strong art/illustration skills to work in our Halifax studio. The content designer role will see you designing and illustrating new concepts for existing games. You will have a strong focus on understanding who our players are, what drives them, and how to keep delivering compelling content for open-ended gameplay. The successful designer will be organized, creative, and passionate about designing fun, imaginative content for optimal user retention. You'll be working with a stellar team of game designers, developers, artists, creative and technical management and every one of them will have your back. You'll be given all the support, freedom and facilities to do your best work. We offer you the chance to work on exciting, award-winning titles as well as participating in the development of new titles.
What you'll do
We're a small studio and a content designer at Gogii Lighthouse has a lot of responsibility. The content designer will work closely with our game designers and the Moncton-based team to do concept drawings, oversee the creation and delivery of new game assets, narratives and related content. The content designers will participate in the creation of design documents, assist with product pitch development, and ongoing content creation for previously shipped titles.
- Create concept drawings.
- Assist in the production of game design documents and product pitch sheets.
- Write concise but detailed, well formatted and technically savvy game design documentation to assist developers in implementation.
- Work closely with game designers to create new content for existing titles.
- Report to stakeholders on potential monetization, and optimal user retention strategies.
- Understand branding and apply it to your work.
- Answer questions and arrive at decisions about game direction and functionality.
- Report to the Managing Director and Designer on content plans and details.
- Manage the content design aspects for multiple projects simultaneously during their ongoing development cycles.
- Answer questions key performance indicators as they relate to content which has gone live.
- Help maintain and plan the lifecycle of game content
What you'll need
- A strong portfolio of illustration and/or concept design work.
- University degree, a college diploma in a related program or equivelant experience.
- A strong portfolio of creative or design work.
- Mature, positive attitude and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Unity experience would be considered an attractive bonus skill.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Gogii Lighthouse Studios Inc.
Gogii Lighthouse Studios Inc. is the Halifax-based branch of Canadian video game developer and publisher Gogii Games, headquartered in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. We've been developers of multiplatform casual video games for over a decade.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Gogii Lighthouse Studios Inc is located in beautiful downtown Halifax right on the waterfront. The company has been successfully publishing award-winning video games for over a decade. We offer competitive salaries, bonuses, full benefits, and flexible work hours. We take our people-first management style and culture very seriously. We value autonomy and personal accountability above all else and our culture is built on mutual respect and professional excellence. We work smart because we want to.