The Junior Civil Engineer will perform routine, entry-level engineering tasks under the direct supervision of a senior engineer with the goal of developing more advanced applied engineering skills.
What you'll do
- Provides general, entry-level support to the engineering department.
- Verifies and tests assigned metrics on projects.
- Enters test results into a quality control database.
- Identifies potential areas of product improvement; recommends and assists with development
- of appropriate solutions.
- Ensures compliance with applicable company and client quality requirements in all assigned
- programs, functions, products, and areas.
- Identifies and reports problems with specific processes or products to senior engineers.
- Assists senior engineers in the development of new methods to improve product quality and
- process efficacy and efficiency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What you'll need
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow directions.
- Basic understanding of ISO-9000.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software program.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Internship in related fields is highly desired.
- Experience using a database such as FoxPro or Oracle is highly desired.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel to various job sites and traverse locations to obtain necessary data.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.