We have an opening for a Journeyperson Industrial Painters/Blasters for St. John's, Newfoundland
Crosbie provides multi-discipline fabric maintenance support services and deck services to the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. Our scope of services includes: scaffolding, coatings, insulation, passive fire and blast protection, composite pipe repair, positive pressure habitats, industrial cleaning, deck and crane operations, and rigging and slinging.
All qualified individuals are asked to apply no later than October 7th, 2022.
What you'll do
- Ensure the most effective use of all plant equipment and materials on contract;
- Tend to or operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective coatings;
- Operate hand-held spray guns to spray paint or coat stationary items;
- Clean and maintain painting and coating equipment; and
- Adopt safe working practices and promote safety awareness
- Inspect surfaces for contamination and complete surface preparations prior to applications
- Read and interpret blueprints
What you'll need
Candidates must possess the following current certifications:
- Journeyperson Certificate or equivalent
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- Workplace NL Fall Protection
- Workplace NL Confined Space Entry Level 2
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems (WHMIS)
- First Aid
- Experience with passive fire protection and coating products;
- Knowledge of pressure washing, surface preparation, corrosion inhibitors, plural component coatings;
- Awareness of paint quality control;
- Ability to work productively in adverse conditions;
- Chartek PFP Certification; and
- Demonstrated safety leadership
We're looking for
A little bit about us
As a 4th generation family business, Crosbie is a leader in the offshore oil & gas, marine construction, and commercial and residential real estate markets. A growth-oriented company, Crosbie is both focused on its core markets and investing in new and emerging sectors.
With its head office located in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, Crosbie have additional locations in the Maritimes, the United States and Guyana.
Having been in business for well over a century, Crosbie has continuously adapted to changing industry demands. Safely providing superior client-focused solutions, Crosbie merges world-class expertise with local, deeply held values.
Crosbie is part of Best Managed Companies, Canada's leading business award program that recognizes excellence by privately-owned Canadian companies. Annually, hundreds of entrepreneurial companies compete for this designation in a rigorous process. Crosbie has successfully received this highly competitive designation each year since 2015, an acknowledgment of the company's exceptional business performance in a fast-changing world.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Crosbie is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. ([email protected] or 709-697-3323).