We currently have an opportunity for Journeyperson Industrial Painters/Blasters to join our team and play a significant role in contributing to our success in the upstream oil and gas industry.
Deadline to apply: September 20th, 2019
What you'll do
Key functions include:
- Ensure the most effective use of all plant equipment and materials on contract;
- Tend to or operate equipment to clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare items for application of paint, lacquer or other protective coatings;
- Operate hand-held spray guns to spray paint or coat stationary items;
- Clean and maintain painting and coating equipment; and
- Adopt safe working practices and promote safety awareness.
What you'll need
Candidates must possess the following current certifications:
- Journeyperson Certificate or equivalent
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- Workplace NL Fall Protection
- Workplace NL Confined Space Entry Level 2
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems (WHMIS)
- First Aid
Experience with passive fire protection and coating products;
Knowledge of pressure washing, surface preparation, corrosion inhibitors, plural component coatings;
Awareness of paint quality control;
Ability to work productively in adverse conditions;
Demonstrated safety leadership; and
Effective communication skills (written & oral).
A little bit about us
Crosbie Salamis Limited
Crosbie Salamis Limited (CSL) is a locally owned and operated company that provides multi-discipline fabric maintenance support services and deck services to the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry. Our scope of services includes: scaffolding, coatings, insulation, passive fire and blast protection, composite pipe repair, positive pressure habitats, industrial cleaning, deck and crane operations, radio operations and rigging and slinging.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Crosbie Group of Companies is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessibility supports to complete your application, please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require. (kathy@inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).
Visit www.crosbiegroup.com for more information on our business, people and values.