This role will support and operate within the Information Technology team by assisting with endpoint installation, application support, and server administration. This role requires travel to company facilities within HRM.
What you'll do
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of workstation, printer, server, and some basic network issues.
- Deploy and support software applications.
- Operate within a team providing support to the business and assist with ticket resolution.
- Administer and maintain servers, Storage, and Network devices as part of a team.
- Carry out administrative functions within Active Directory such as managing user accounts, group memberships, permissions, etc.
- Identify solutions to common problems and document how-to guides and related knowledgebase documentation.
What you'll need
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology
- Practical demonstrable experience working with Information Technology.
- Experience with various iterations of the following products:
- Windows Operating System
- Microsoft Office 365
- Understanding of Active Directory, Azure AD, and Group Policy.
- Understanding of Network theory and protocols.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as excellent customer service orientation.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct self-directed research to understand and resolve emergent issues.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain Government of Canada security clearance.
- Must have driver's license and own vehicle.
Experience with the following technologies would be considered an asset:
- Cisco Security Products like Duo, AMP for Endpoints, and Umbrella.
- IT Security or familiarity with NIST 800-171 and related Cybersecurity framework.
- Backup technologies, particularly Veeam.
- Virtualization, particularly Hyper-V and Failover Cluster
- Storage Networks, SANs
- Web Serves, Web Hosting, Certificates, and DMZs
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….