Some would say we're in the pension business. We like to say we're in the people business. One that focuses on creating an inclusive and diverse culture for everyone who comes through our doors. One that puts our 55,000 members at the heart of everything we do because they deserve nothing less than a secure, stable future to build upon. One that can include YOU.
Who we are:
Provident10 is the largest pension plan in Newfoundland and Labrador and one of the largest pension plans in Atlantic Canada - representing 1 in 9 Newfoundlanders and Labradorians. Our team proudly oversees the pension administration and investment management of the $10 billion Public Service Pension Plan Fund.
Modern. Focused. People Centric. The foundation for our vision.
For us that means creating a seamless experience for members and a positive culture for our employees; ensuring the organization remains efficient and agile, as we continue to make smart investments for growth - all while embracing technology and ensuring a consistent experience for our members.
What it's like to work at Provident10
We're proud to have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers in 2023, for the second year in a row! We earned the designation by focusing on elevating the employee experience and making Provident10 a great place to work.
We're committed to offering a total rewards program to employees, including:
- Membership in a defined benefit pension plan with employer matched contributions. Vested members of the Public Service Pension Plan can rest assured knowing that they will receive a predictable retirement income for life, without having to worry if their benefits will run out or be terminated.
- Comprehensive health and dental plan, including new initiatives driven by a health & wellness committee, like in-house vaccination clinics and mental health support programs.
- Learning and development program focused on supporting employees in reaching their career goals.
- Maternity leave top-up program for new and expecting parents.
- Performance management program with the potential for annual salary increases and a short-term incentive.
- Progressive annual leave program with a minimum of 15 paid days.
We are inviting applications from highly motivated professionals for an exciting opportunity within our organization! Reporting to the Manager of IT Operations and Cyber Security, the IT Security and Compliance Analyst will be primarily responsible for the delivery of Provident10's Security Improvement Program analysis and remediation, monitoring Provident10's cyber security risks and maintaining defenses. In this role, you will also deliver security awareness training to all Provident10 employees, and assist in the coordination of all IT risk management activities, to help ensure that Provident10's cyber security posture is compliant, and is resilient to current cyber security threats.
Your key activities will include:
- Monitor and maintain all cyber security defences.
- Support the development and lead the delivery of organization wide security awareness training.
- Prepare and conduct internal phishing campaigns.
- Provide support, mitigation/remediation, evidence retention, and ongoing reporting on IT compliance to Internal Audit projects.
- Coordinate the Systems and Quality risk management function.
- Provide support for and remediation of annual Penetration Testing.
- Assist in the development and documentation of IT policies and procedures.
What you'll bring to the role
- Completion of a post secondary certification in a related field, supplemented by 3-5 years of experience in cyber security.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing cyber security best practices.
- Strong understanding of switch/firewall/architecture best practices.
- Certifications such as CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, or Certified Information Systems Auditor would be considered an asset.
Salary Range: $62,100 - $86,700
Application Deadline: October 1, 2023
Provident10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and celebrates the differences that every individual brings. While only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted, we extend our appreciation to all applicants for your interest.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Financial management and future planning is evolving, and Newfoundland and Labrador has changed with it. In December 2014, the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador (GNL) and the five largest unions in the province announced a Joint Sponsorship Agreement to create an independent pension entity, Provident10. We deliver plan administration services and oversee management of the $10 billion Public Service Pension Plan (the Plan) investment portfolio. We are proud to govern the largest pension plan in the province with over 55,000 members. Learn more about the Plan, our investment strategy, and working with us here.