Work Location: Office or Hybrid from Atlantic Canada
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking an experienced IT Project Manager who has a proven track record of leading complex customer facing initiatives.
As IT Project Manager you are accountable to lead and coordinate a team's overall performance to ensure the efficient delivery of assigned projects aimed at accelerating the company forward in a competitive and exciting gaming market. Types of projects include (but are not limited to) launching new products and services, large-scale application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, infrastructure upgrades and deployments. Projects at times can be highly complex and large-scale in nature, spanning multiple functions and/or business groups.
As a member of AL's PMO, the interest of our customers and clients come first while still ensuring delivery best practices and quality standards are always upheld. The Project Manager is a leadership role and requires strategic portfolio-based thinking in all aspects of the job. Working collaboratively with product, technology, vendors and service teams across the organization, the PM holds the primary project relationship with all internal stakeholders and ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of success.
Closing Date: May 28, 2023
What you'll do
- Be able to effectively manage several complex projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with appropriate Business, IT and 3rd party vendors / stakeholders to confirm the problems to be solved, expected outcomes and project deliverables.
- Effectively and positively negotiate and influence staff assignments and any associated procurement timelines.
- Responsible for managing approved plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, time, and quality parameters.
- Manage project budget, providing regular reporting on baseline to actual variance.
- Arrange for assignment of resources to projects based on project requirements and work with PMO and Resource Managers to identify and resolve conflicts.
- Assign deliverables, tasks and activities and continuously monitor and control all associated resources, schedules and plans.
- Ensure project risks are proactively identified and reported with mitigation strategies developed and monitored.
- Ensure project issues are reported, resolved and appropriately escalated as required so as to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensure optimal communications within and across teams and with all project stakeholders.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis and ensure a strong and positive stakeholder relationship.
- Coach project teams to ensure adherence to delivery processes and standards.
- Work within a collaborative team environment and contribute to the continuous improvement of delivery processes.
What you'll need
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Relevant university degree and a minimum of 7 years IT project management experience with an emphasis on managing projects or team leaders and processes.
- Delivery experience within Digital Organizations, along with associated industry best practices to improve the total customer experience.
- Experience with Organization Change Management activities to achieve positive outcomes.
- Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage small to large scale projects in a cross-functional environment.
Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.
- Strong business acumen and technical resourcefulness.
- Excellent time management skills, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to articulate and facilitate key project processes procedures and best practices.
- Strong client and vendor management skills.
- Solid understanding of the software development processes.
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns, including the ability to drive analytical rigor in decision making.
- Ability to resolve and manage conflict.
- Setting clear expectations, lead cross-functional teams and drive for better outcomes with urgency.
- Documenting issues, risks, alternatives, and recommendations in an effective manner suitable for executive consumption.
- Listening to input of others, valuing outside perspectives that may be different or unique from your own expertise and build collaborative and trusted stakeholder relationships before finalizing plans while continuously seeking feedback.
Awesome if you had:
- Lottery and/or gaming industry.
- Experience with various development methodologies.
- Internet and/or mobile based product development.
- Extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Four weeks of vacation annually (pro-rated) plus one week of management leave (pro-rated).
- Three personal leave days per year.
- Two volunteer days per year.
- Short-term incentive program based on personal and corporate performance.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: The last couple of years has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All interviews are conducted in English, our working language, unless otherwise stated.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island. The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet. With games come winners - big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good! #ProudToBeAL
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces. Explore living East:
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal/educational background checks prior to employment.