We're fortunate to share our successes with an incredible and talented team who share a passion for what we do. We are currently looking for an experienced IT Manager to join that team!
What you'll do
- Oversees, monitors, and evaluates operations and procedures, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness, and recommends changes to improve methods, procedures, service levels, and operational efficiency;
- Manages end-user IT procurement and support process for desktops/laptops, VOIP phones, cell phones, printers, cell phones;
- Manages core IT infrastructure including; core SAN hardware and software configuration, Microsoft Hyper-V Datacentre 2019, Cisco Firewalls/Routers, WiFi, etc;
- Manages and monitors Cisco AMP/Unbrella security solution;
- Monitors/enhances ongoing IT maintenance procedures; ensures patch updates and upgrades are executed;
- Manages and maintains business continuity plan and tests regularly;
- Manages WAN and Dedicated Internet high availability and redundant internetworking environment;
- Manages IT vendor procurement and various renewals; researches new technologies and engages with vendor community to identify and recommend appropriate IT solutions; negotiates new contracts as required;
- Ensures that employee experience for all IT services is exceptional;
- Ensures that IT reporting/monitoring and IT policies are current and accurate to meet business needs and keep Quality Management System up to date;
- Manages IT staff for optimal performance; performs basic project management functions;
- Confers with management relative to Bluedrop strategic goals, directs feasibility studies, recommends computer information technology solutions, and manages project implementation;
- Provides technical assistance on issues, services, program(s), and/or computer hardware and software, etc;
- Ensures integrity and security of Bluedrop's network and corporate data;
- Researches and implements industry standards and IT Best Practices for incident, problem, and change management processes based on ITIL accepted standards;
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records;
- Provides input into budget forecasting along with monitoring and maintaining assigned fiscal budget responsibilities.
What you'll need
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in an IT management capacity;
- Experience with all iterations of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Hyper-V Datacentre 2019;
- Microsoft Windows Desktop operating systems;
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012;
- SQL Server;
- TCPIP networking and Cisco Routing;
- Veeam Backup software.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent customer service orientation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment with little supervision;
- Able to multitask as well as handle challenging priorities;
- Understanding of imaging, internet, telecommunications setup and diagnostics;
- Must be able to obtain Government of Canada security clearance.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best...
Junior Instructional Designer (ID)
Oromocto, NB, CA
Innovation Lead – eLearning Creative Solutions and Content Expert
Halifax, NS, CA
Junior Instructional Designer
Halifax, NS, CA
Marketing & Business Analyst
Halifax, NS, CA
Sensor Operator (SENSO) Training Specialist
Shearwater, NS, CA