Please note this opportunity is designated to Indigenous Peoples who identify themselves as First Nation (Status and non-Status), Métis or Inuit as part of the Clearwater Careers Set Sail Program. You must self-identify during the application process.
Clearwater Seafoods is one of the world's largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild-caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, shrimp and crabs.
Since its founding, Clearwater has invested in science, communities, people and technological innovation, as well as resource management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed the company to remain a leader in today's global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.
In 2021, Clearwater was acquired by a partnership between Premium Brands and the Mi'kmaq Coalition, comprised of seven Mi'kmaq communities in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Today, Clearwater is proudly Indigenous owned, committed to creating a sustainable seafood future for generations to come.
Clearwater's Bedford, NS, office requires a Junior IT Analyst for a four-month Co-op term. The anticipated start date for the position is May 2023.
Purpose of Position
The Junior IT Analyst role is a great opportunity to get exposure to all areas withing the department (Development, networking, security, ERP systems and analysis etc). In this role the incumbent will ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes actively resolving end user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. User support and customer service on company supported computer applications and platforms. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate action.
- This position reports to: Manager, Global Service Desk
- Work closely with the Service Desk Supervisor to meet problem resolution expectations and timeframes within Service Level Agreements(SLAs).
- Serve as the initial point of contact for resolution of desktop/laptop/network issues.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone or electronically in a timely manner
- Follow standard help desk procedures:
- Log all help desk interactions in ticket tracking system
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software incidents and problems and always work towards root cause detection and elimination.
- Research questions using available information resources
- Route problems to appropriate resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Advise user on appropriate action and document resolution
- Administer help desk software
- Prepare activity reports
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Environment: Office
- Dress Code: Business casual
- 37.5 hour work week
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Must be customer focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work with a team or independently
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be enrolled in a relative IT Program - with emphasis on Technical skills
- Language preference: English
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Clearwater Seafoods is one of North America's largest vertically-integrated seafood companies and the largest holder of shellfish licenses and quotas in Canada. It is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety, diversity of species and reliable worldwide delivery of premium wild, eco-certified seafood, including scallops, lobster, clams, coldwater shrimp, sea cucumber, langoustine, whelk and crab.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in science, people and technological innovation, as well as resource ownership and management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed it to remain a leader in the global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.