Do you have product design skills and passion for personal growth? Are you looking to work on a product with unique challenges? You just might be the person we need on our team next! We are looking for someone to fill an intermediate product design role. This role will see you diving into some of the most interesting UX/UI design opportunities with a deeply passionate design and product team. Manifold is blazing a trail for new ways of working with cloud services; we are validating concepts that are new and our design team is excited to spearhead efforts to find the best way forward.
You might already be a product designer, or you might be someone with agency experience, you might even have worked as an embedded UX team of one. If you are curious and excited about product, we'd encourage you to apply; we believe a diverse team with a variety of backgrounds and experience broadens our team's perspective.
Our ideal candidate is someone who asks questions and gets to the root of "why" before pixels ever land on an artboard. You're someone who can work with engineers and product managers early and often, understanding internal company priorities and advocating for all our customer segments using data-driven decision making; you ensure that you are building the right thing, for the right audience, guiding them down the best path possible. When you don't have the answers you need, you like gaining more information from users by testing assumptions and validating ideas through prototypes to inform your designs. Lastly, you have a keen eye for quality and visual polish and can work with engineers through design review to make sure our products meet our standards of design.
Please include your resume and/or portfolio in your application.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with product managers and developers
- Advocate for great user experience across all our product touchpoints
- Facilitate design thinking in your team with the right process for the job at hand
- Prototype solutions for quick validation and data from our users
- Design mockups and collaborate closely with development
- Regularly revisit and audit our designs with our Product team
What you'll need
- Required: Strong communication skills with a team centric approach to discussion and decision-making. Empathy and respect for others, with "strong opinions loosely held."
- Required: UI/UX design experience, but we can mentor you up if you're stronger in one discipline
- Required: Prototyping for fast feedback
- Experience with product scoping frameworks, like Jobs to be Done, are a nice to have
- Experience with user-facing discovery processes, like Personas, User Journeys, Empathy Mapping, are a nice to have
- Technical or marketplace experience (our product touches on things like APIs, Integrations and a command line interface) is a nice to have
- Experience working in a global, distributed team is very nice to have
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We're a venture-backed company that is distributed around North America. Our home base is Halifax, Nova Scotia. We have a shared passion for making developers' lives easier. Our backgrounds reflect that, having worked at npm, Red Hat, Heroku, LinkedIn, Canonical, and more.
- flexible working hours
- 15 days of vacation your first year that you will be encouraged to use
- statutory/federal holidays, plus the whole company takes the last week of the year off
- yearly professional development allowance of $2,000 towards education, training, conferences, or any education tool that helps your career
- excellent health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family that starts on your first day of work
- health and wellness allowance
- home office allowance for remote workers
- up to 16 weeks fully paid maternity or paternity leave after one year at Manifold, with additional 8 weeks of unpaid leave if necessary
- use of a laptop, large monitor, and equipment for everyone, remote or at our office
If you're in the United States, we also offer 401(k) for pre-tax retirement savings, although contributions are unmatched at this early stage in the company's growth.
We care about our code of conduct and ask all of our employees to abide by it.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Manifold is helping developers break free from the closed ecosystems of the cloud and into a more open, standards based community of services and APIs. Our marketplace connects applications, wherever they are hosted, to independent cloud services made by developers who care. Read more about our vision and funding here and check out our blog.
Our partially distributed team is fun-loving, knowledgeable, and deeply productive. We're organized to let you explore and grow a variety of skills and capabilities, with many chances to create a significant impact.
We value diversity and supporting a distributed culture. Gender diversity is currently about one quarter. About half of the company work outside of the home Halifax, Canada office, including product, software development, and design leaders.
We believe you should work where you're most productive. If you want to join us in our cozy office in Halifax, Nova Scotia, you'd be welcome! We'd love to have you. If you're remote, you're also welcome! For meetings, we'd strongly prefer you be within four hours of the Eastern Time Zone (UTC-5) which means as far west as the Pacific Time Zone and as far east as Brazil, Argentina, and Greenland.