As an ID, you will be responsible for the analysis, design and development of online and blended training solutions. Working closely with Clients, Managers, Instructional Designers, Subject Matter Experts and Developers, you will create custom training solutions that meet specific program and organizational goals.
What you'll do
- Conduct QC reviews and report any issues to the Project Manager.
- Participate in appropriate planning processes, meeting and working groups dealing primarily with the overall project, the project team and matters pertaining to general courseware production and the content review and revision cycles.
- Support development of the project plan and schedule.
- Design the learning solution and prepare both high level and detailed design documents.
- Conduct background research and content analysis from a design perspective.
- Act as project lead ID on assigned project/projects and mentor/support Junior IDs in the development of ALSC products.
- Review source materials, interview subject matter experts and conduct other related activities to identify and acquire the necessary content for courseware design and development.
- Ensure course objectives including assessment strategies, are mapped from the TP and design documents.
- Complete specific monthly deliverables as mandated by the CDevOor his delegate. f) Collaborate with the client and Multimedia Developers in the creation, review and refinement of Courseware Prototypes and Beta Tests.
- Work with the Project Manager to develop and maintain Project Plans, Project Schedules and effort estimates for courseware production tasks, to include daily time tracking using automated software.
- Provide advice, interpretation, and guidance and deliver presentations on courseware or project-related issues.
- Support resolution to key project-specific issues by providing advice on alternative strategies and approaches.
- Support the ALSC vision, and contribute to strategies and courses of action.
- Providing support when required in the areas of:
- Trends and Theories.
- Perform ID peer reviews on storyboards (IAW QA and ID standards and SOPs).
What you'll need
- Must have an undergraduate university degree with a Major in one of the following fields: Education, Adult Learning, Distance Learning, or eLearning.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in the last ten (10) years in instructional design.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience in the last ten (10) years as a project lead instructional designer in the instructional design of eLearning product(s).
- Must be proficient in English.
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be considered an asset.
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.