You have a passion for leading and developing the design and visual content of eLearning projects. You enjoy working cohesively with multi-disciplinary teams to develop and produce high quality, high impact, online courseware.
What you'll do
- Reviewing, analyzing and making recommendations with respect to programming issues on project documentation
- Developing advanced project components, including:
- A User Interface in accordance with the Style Guide
- Pseudo-code and metadata templates
- All course elements and related assets
- SCO and Asset Metadata documents
- SCORM® conformance and usability testing
- Quality assurance testing
- A Maintenance Guide that provides information relevant to modifying and
- Maintaining the end products
- Coding and programming eLeaming product elements in accordance with the Instructional Design Document(s), including:
- Multi-media elements
- Interactive elements
- Instruction content elements
- Shareable Content Objects (SCOs)
- Assessment instruments
- Evaluation instruments
- Conduct peer reviews and assessments.
- Designing and Developing data structure
- Implementing quality assurance and test plans.
- Assist with project kickoff meetings to ensure all Developers and Instructional Designers are aware of proper folder structure for working files and backup, file naming conventions and proper use of QC and QA test logs
Sub tasks include:
While supporting the key tasks identified above, the Intermediate ELPP will also be requested to perform the following sub-tasks on an as and when requested basis:
- Conduct the role of lead developer when required.
- Providing technical guidance including:
- Recommending best practices
- Making recommendations regarding eLearning product development
- Identifying and recommending solutions to identified coding issues
- Reviewing test documentation
- Web design and maintenance when required.
- Develop web applications
- Maintain web applications
- Know the limitations and capabilities of the Internet and Intranet
- Create graphics
- Documenting solutions or work-arounds to identified issues.
- Recognize when mentoring or training is required for members of the development team and provide input to Senior Developer about suitable solutions for improvement
- Assist in indoctrination of new personnel
- Identify potential issues or areas of inefficiency in the project and assist Senior Developer with the creation of solutions, which may include development of templates and other reusable objects
- Assist PMs in the creation of accurate project schedules by providing estimates for project scope, project assumptions, timelines and potential risks
- Assist and organize and lead project team meetings, when required, throughout the duration of each project
- Lead and coordinate the technical design and development of projects while understanding the overall project scope
- Assist IDs to maintain a courseware deviation list throughout the development of each project, which will be delivered to QA during the 100% QA review phase
- Meet with IDs prior to development stage to ensure developer notes in storyboard are clear and understood
- Meet with developers once storyboard is complete to ensure developers understand what is expected in order to complete all project files according to what is requested in the storyboard
- Collaborate with IDs to implement innovative solutions to new challenges
- Act as a liaison to 3D Developer team when 3D assets are being incorporated on a project-by-project basis
- Ensure file version control is maintained at all levels of project development
- Conduct QC reviews of all courseware to verify accuracy, completeness, and adherence to project standards to ensure the quality of all deliverables
- Perform backup, according to standard operating procedures, of all development-related files for current project for current school(s).
- Provide input into project After Action Review when required
What you'll need
- Must have a University degree (in any field) or a College diploma (in any field)
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years' experience in the last five (5) years as a project lead developer in the production of eLearning
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years' experience in the last five (5) years using Adobe Suite of products to produce eLearning
- Must be proficient in English
- Must be able to obtain and retain Secret Security Clearance with the Government of Canada
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best…