Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Intermediate Buyer is an integral part of the Procurement team. Some of the responsibilities include liaising with clients, preparing documents, preparing and maintaning purchase orders, and awarding purchase orders.
What you'll do
- Prepare and issue project specific procurement documents (i.e requests for quotations, proposals etc.) in line with project scope and schedule requirements
- Assist with the negotiation of payment milestones and General Terms and Conditions
- Award purchase orders and subsequent change orders
- Assist with the expediting of awarded purchase orders as per project scope and schedule expectations
- Maintain commercial control of the purchase orders until the goods are successfully delivered and all contractual responsibilities have been discharged
- Liase with client as required
- Ensure all supply chain activities are carried out in accordance with the project execution plan/schedule and/or contracting strategy, within approved budgets and in line with project processes and procedures
- Establish and maintain the project procurement status report (PSR) in line with project and schedule requirements
What you'll need
- 3-5 years related experience
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent English language communication skills, written, oral and presentation
- Positively maintain relationships with suppliers, clients, and other disciplines
- Legally authorized to work in Canada
We're looking for
A little bit about us
As a 4th generation family business, Crosbie is a leader in the offshore oil & gas, marine construction, and commercial and residential real estate markets. A growth-oriented company, Crosbie is both focused on its core markets and investing in new and emerging sectors.
With its head office located in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, Crosbie have additional locations in the Maritimes, the United States and Guyana.
Having been in business for well over a century, Crosbie has continuously adapted to changing industry demands. Safely providing superior client-focused solutions, Crosbie merges world-class expertise with local, deeply held values.
Crosbie is part of Best Managed Companies, Canada's leading business award program that recognizes excellence by privately-owned Canadian companies. Annually, hundreds of entrepreneurial companies compete for this designation in a rigorous process. Crosbie has successfully received this highly competitive designation each year since 2015, an acknowledgment of the company's exceptional business performance in a fast-changing world.