The Lounsbury Group of Companies is looking for an Intermediate Accountant to work within our centralized accounting department located at our Lounsbury Chevrolet dealership on West Main Street in Moncton.
The Intermediate Accountant will conduct a variety of accounting functions that lead into the month-end process and preparation of the financial statements.
Why Work With Us?
Lounsbury's is committed to investing in our employees through training programs and a great work environment, plus:
- Competitive Wages
- Group Benefit Plan including health, dental, vision, life insurance, that begin on your first day
- Pension Plan
- Employee discounts on cars and furniture
- Career growth and continuous development
- Respectful and cohesive working environment with strong company values
- Complete administrative and accounting tasks related to the after purchase cycle of the vehicle
- Assist with processing period end, including journal entries and participate in financial statements preparations
- Administer accounts receivables and payables, posting of all invoices and journal entries, and assist with the month end reconciliation process
- Work with the manufacturer to make claims for incentive rebates, report on sales figures and update the inventory status.
- Responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and ensuring integrity of the general ledger
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and updating schedules, including inter-company accounts
- Assist in continuous improvement activities, from idea-generating to implementations
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Completed a post-secondary accounting program at college or university
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Self-motivated and proactive with strong analytical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with coworkers in a professional manner
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and convey complex financial information, concepts, rules, and standards
- Possesses excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work cooperatively with other departments without compromising internal controls
- Maintains confidentiality and comply with privacy legislation
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Lounsbury Group of Companies
The Lounsbury Group has successful retail operations in New Brunswick, covering the entire province from north to south. Lounsbury's greatest accomplishment is the ability to have grown our business in a diverse environment of bilingual communities. Lounsbury Group employs over 400 employees in its automotive dealerships, heavy-duty truck dealerships, brand name home furnishing stores and our own independent leasing company. We are a company which has rejuvenated itself continuously to remain leaders in our respective businesses. Our network of operations covers the region and our corporate goodwill has enabled us to develop strong relationships in the communities we serve.