PQA has been going strong since 1997! We take pride in our commitment to the communities across Canada in which we are located because we know there is more to life than work. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading edge companies, technologies and tools. As one of Canada's largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with 'quality' people who share our passion for doing the job right!
We are growing in Vancouver and are currently looking for an experienced software tester to help us do that!
What you'll do
- Perform risk-based and context-driven functional software testing
- Produce documentation to support testing activities
- Conduct testing to align with client test methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, BDD, etc)
- Use defect tracking and test case management systems to document test cases, record defects and record test case execution results
- Work/communicate directly with clients and discuss prioritizing of testing activities
- Extract testing requirements from functional and business requirements
- Write test plans and test cases
- Create test status reports
What you'll need
- Computer Science degree, Engineering degree, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated experience having tested complex IT solutions
- Experience having performed System Integration testing across full solutions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to propose practical solutions to complex problems
- Flexibility, self-motivation and the ability to give and receive feedback at all levels
- Adaptable and willing to work through challenges with a positive attitude
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships in a team oriented environment
- Considered an asset:
- ISTQB certification or similar testing certification
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Experience with Test Management tools such as ALM/QC, JIRA, qTest
- Experience with automation tools (Selenium, QTP/UFT, Tosca, etc)
- Experience with performance tools such as JMeter and LoadRunner
- Experience in service level API testing (SoapUI, Postman, Katalon, etc)
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab, etc)
A little bit about us
Professional Quality Assurance Ltd
Who We Are
Professional Quality Assurance (PQA) is one of Canada's premiere nearshore business technology outsourcing providers. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Filogix, CGI, SkillSoft, Computer Associates, lynda.com, National Bank of Canada, Boeing, Nortel and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver outsourced managed services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer bi-monthly lunch & learns and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employee's health and wellness is #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle. PQA Testing is always organizing events that involve exercise and our annual Family Day BBQ is one event that definitely brings all of us closer.
Senior Software Test Automation Specialist– Toronto
Toronto, ON, CA
Senior Software Test Automation Specialist– Halifax
Halifax, NS, CA
Senior QA Lead - Sault Ste. Marie
Sault Ste. Marie, ON, CA
Office Administrator - Calgary, AB
Calgary, AB, CA
Mobile Test Automation Specialist - Appium – Vancouver
Vancouver, BC, CA