In collaboration with the Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick (CCNB) and WorkingNB, the New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is seeking qualified Instructors/facilitators to offer Workplace Essential Skills (WES) training to New Brunswick adults in the following locations: Moncton, Saint John, Fredericton, Woodstock, Miramichi, Acadian Peninsula, Restigouche/Chaleur and Edmundston.
Hours for this position can range from 4 to 36.25 hours per week, allowing flexibility if you are available to work full-time hours.
What you'll do
Under the direction of the Regional Team Lead, this position is primarily responsible for delivering and facilitating the classroom component of the Workplace Essential Skills (WES) for unemployed/underemployed individuals. This training may be offered using a face-to-face or virtual learning model. The project goal is to help individuals improve their essential skills to better match the jobs available in various sectors. The competencies to be taught will include:
- Problem solving
- Creativity and Innovation
What you'll need
As the ideal candidate for this position, you have:
- A Diploma or Degree in a related discipline with relevant experience
- Demonstrate knowledge of the WES methodology, competency/task-based learning as well as inclusive approaches to learning
- Knowledge of employability skills, essential skills, and workplace-based training
- Experience in dealing with unemployed/underemployed individuals
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Excellent interpersonal and written & oral communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Group and individualized facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate team-based activity
- Flexibility to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to analyze needs, solve problems and make recommendations
- Have the ability to act decisively and to exercise initiative and have strong judgement on a wide range of issues
- Have critical thinking and problems solving skills, and, above all, be creative, independent, and flexible
- Language preferences are English, French and/or Bilingual.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience teaching in a post-secondary environment
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes. Please indicate your language preference, and what days and times you would be available for the opportunity to instruct WES, and the preference of work location.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For seven years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees.
- A competitive salary at a rate of $28.39 to $40.00 per hour. Successful candidates may be eligible for a higher maximum step, up to $43.68 hourly, based on their level of post-secondary education.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- NBCC's supports the wellbeing of its employees. We provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services.
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the New Brunswick Union of Public and Private Employees collective agreement (Education - Instructional Group) for the College.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are welcomed to submit a detailed application and resume online. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted further.