New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking two dynamic individuals for the position of Community College Instructor- IMER Related Subjects. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
This is a Regular employment opportunity, located at NBCC's Saint John campus.
What you'll do
Collaborating with and reporting to the Academic Chair of Industrial Mobile Equipment Repair (IMER) and as a member of the faculty team, you are responsible for planning and preparing instructional materials and resources; establishing and managing a positive learning environment; instructing and evaluating students; building and sustaining professional relationships with students, colleagues, community partners, and stakeholders; as well as other related duties.
Specific instructional areas and courses within the program may include but are not limited to:
- trade-related math
- trade-related physics
- trade-related communications
- trade-related blueprint reading
- Other courses as per skill level
You will be willing and able to integrate technology and active student learning techniques into teaching practices.
What you'll need
- A high school diploma, or equivalency, and a valid related Red Seal license with related years of work experience.
- Related-Trades include: Industrial Mechanics, Welding, Pipe Trades, Machinist
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a minimum of three (3) years of recent and related work experience at the Journeyperson's level.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience teaching in a post-secondary environment.
- Highly flexible with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to navigate and build relationships effectively throughout the organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, analytical ability, and innovative thinking.
- Self-motivated, service and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a team.
- A desire for continuous learning and growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For seven years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees.
- A competitive salary range of $53,508.00 to $75,400.00 annually. Successful candidates may be eligible for a higher maximum step, up to $82,342.00 annually, based on their level of post-secondary education.
- Become a member of the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- NBCC supports the wellbeing of its employees. We provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Paid sick and vacation leave.
- Volunteer leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs (Employee: Tuition Reimbursement Program AND Family: Tuition Reduction Benefit - Spouse and Children).
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NBUPPE - Education (Instructional) collective agreement for the College.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed application, with a resume, online by December 1, 2023. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.