New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently creating a casual pool and looking for Industrial Control Technology Instructors for the St. John campus location. Hours of work will be on an as needed basis up to a maximum of 36.25 hours per week.
When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
What you will be working on:
Collaborating with and reporting to the Academic Chair, Engineering Technologies, as a member of the faculty team, you are responsible for planning and preparing instructional materials and resources; establishing and managing a positive learning environment; instructing and evaluating students; building and sustaining professional relationships with students, colleagues, community partners, and stakeholders; as well as other related duties. Ability to teach at the community college in the two-year Industrial Control Technology program, including subjects such as electrical systems and motors/motor controls.
The successful incumbent will be willing and able to integrate technology and active student learning techniques into teaching practices. You may be involved in the planning, evaluation and monitoring of student practicum placements.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering; or hold a Red Seal Certification as an Industrial Electrician
- Preference may be given to those with a minimum of three (3) years of related experience
- Candidates must be competent in the use of MS Office Suite.
Don't forget to clearly demonstrate how you meet these qualifications on your resume.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For five years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What is in it for you?
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees
- Comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary for this position ranging from $28.39 to $40.00 hourly. Successful candidates may be eligible for a higher maximum step, up to $43.68/hour, based on their level of post-secondary education.
- Opportunities for professional development and training
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NBUPPE -Education (Instructional) agreement for the College.
As part of the Public Service of New Brunswick, NBCC requires proof of vaccination from all NBCC employees as a condition of employment.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
For the foreseeable future, NBCC will be conducting interviews via the use of technology.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
We welcome you to submit a detailed application and resume online by October 20, 2021. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Instructor – Bricklaying Apprenticeship (Part-time & Full-time)(Casual)
Woodstock, NB, CA
Instructor – Plumbing (Casual)
Woodstock, NB, CA
Instructor, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Program (Casual)
St. Andrews, NB, CA
Instructor Machinist (Casual)
Moncton, NB, CA