New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Clinical Instructor, NB CRIB. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
This is a casual employment opportunity from March 17, 2024 to April 30, 2024 (32-36 hours/week) in a hospital setting.
What you'll do
As part of the School of Allied Health and reporting to the Academic Chair, the instructor is responsible for:
- Plan and prepare instructional materials and resources.
- Establish and manage a positive learning environment.
- Instruct and evaluate students.
- Build and sustaining professional relationships with students, colleagues, community partners, and stakeholders; as well as other related duties.
The successful candidate will have the knowledge, skills, and ability to teach the Registered Nurse students professional development courses in either web-based classrooms, face-to-face, lab setting and/or hospital clinical settings. The candidates will also teach, supervise, counsel, guide and evaluate students. The successful candidate may be required to travel for lab and/or clinical experiences.
What you'll need
- Diploma or Bachelor of Nursing with recent and related years of experience.
- Candidates must be currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick or be eligible for registration.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a minimum of five (5) years of recent experience in acute care nursing.
- Highly flexible with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to navigate and build relationships effectively throughout the organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, analytical ability, and innovative thinking.
- Self-motivated, service and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a team.
- A desire for continuous learning and growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Candidates must possess a valid Driver's License as travel will be required.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working in a post-secondary environment.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For seven years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees.
- A competitive salary range of $28.39 to $40.00 per hour. Successful candidates may be eligible for a higher maximum step, up to $43.68 per hour, based on their level of post-secondary education.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- NBCC supports the wellbeing of its employees. We provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NBUPPE - Education (Instructional) collective agreement for the College.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed application, with a resume, online by December 15, 2023. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.