Closing Date: June 6, 2023 at 4:00PM
CENTRE FOR ENHANCED TEACHING & LEARNING
CETL is an academic support unit that promotes effective and engaging teaching and learning through instructional excellence and the integration of classroom technology and media. Teaching and Learning Services within CETL helps educators and faculties develop and deliver excellent courses and curricula.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | Continuing | Fredericton| Hybrid
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we are proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri | 7:45 am - 4:00 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Salary Range: $47,030 - $61,145 per annum
Reporting to the Director of Teaching & Learning Services, the Instructional Technology Specialist is responsible for management and operation of systems and tools for online student engagement, including all training and administration services for the learning management system on the Fredericton campus.
- Determine faculty needs relating to instructional technology tools and the LMS.
- Provide technical advice on the application of the LMS (Currently D2L Brightspace).
- Identify/create LMS-based strategies and tools to help instructors engage students.
- Administer and attend professional development training in LMS administration.
- Troubleshoot and provide support for instructors on LMS daily.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders (ITS, UNB Online, Registrar's office, vendors) to ensure proper integration of the LMS with other campus systems and third-party tools.
- Provide expert knowledge in the application of multimedia, mobile technologies, and emerging instructional technologies to curriculum delivery.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as education, instructional technology, computer science, multimedia, or information technology.
- 3 - 5 years' experience as a system administrator of a learning management system.
- 3 - 5 years' experience providing technical support and troubleshooting software problems.
- Experience in a teaching or training environment is considered an asset.
- Experience with D2L or other post-secondary learning management systems.
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL STAFF UNION (PTSU)
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.