Are you obsessed with learning everything?
Do you thrive in creative environments?
Are you ready to be a part of an innovative, ever-expanding organization?
If you answered yes to these questions, we’re interested in you!
At UFred, we’re passionate about helping working professionals achieve their goals through online education, and our Development Team is all about creating the absolute best online experience for our students. Our Development team is a group of creative, passionate and collaborative people who are dedicated to achieving organizational goals by enhancing the online experience. Ambitious and enthusiastic, this team works tirelessly to create all things UFred, and they pride themselves on delivering an experience that leave students feeling more engaged with their learning.
What you'll do
The Instructional Designer, reporting directly to the Manager of Development, is responsible for working collaboratively with faculty and/or subject matter experts to design curriculum and develop content, with a primary focus on curriculum development for courses offered by the University of Fredericton.
As an Instructional Designer, you can expect to:
- Be responsible for problem solving and creative thinking throughout the instructional design process.
- Help deliver instructional design workshops and resources to support UFred faculty
- Work to revise and revamp existing courses, ensuring that courses adhere to various stakeholder standards
- Design online lessons using the recommended learning methods, assessment activities, course flow, Learning Management System integration, educational technologies and other interactive course components
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Instructional designer to complete projects
- Assist faculty in the development of contextually-rich, engaging, and learning objective-driven courses that focus on applicable real-world/workplace skills
- Provide excellent customer service to all clients
What you'll need
- An undergraduate degree or higher education in in Educational Technology, Curriculum and/or Instructional Design, Education, Adult Teaching or equivalent education
- A minimum of two (2) years of practical experience and expertise in instructional design, curriculum development and online course development
- Experience with e-learning management systems in a post-secondary environment
- Experience with the LMS moodle is an asset
- Detail oriented with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
A little bit about us
University of Fredericton
The University of Fredericton is fully recognized as a degree-granting institution by the Province of New Brunswick. Our mission is to provide our students with an exciting, rewarding and affordable lifelong learning path of professional education, with programs scheduled to accommodate both professional and personal lives.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
In addition to your base compensation, joining the UFred team means you will be part of a rapidly expanding organization with a mission to provide quality and affordable education globally. UFred values its employees and ensures they are able to enjoy Wellness and Balance, Professional Development, and Service opportunities.
- Wellness and Balance: UFred employees start their career by completing a Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace course. They actively utilize subsidized Health and Vision Care, as well as an RRSP Match program. They spend paid time off with those who are important to them between Christmas and New Years, as well as and on their birthdays. The possibility for flexible work arrangements, subsidized gym memberships, and Wellness days are additional benefits enjoyed by our staff.
- Professional Development: UFred supports both internal and external opportunities to support your development needs.
- Service: UFred employees actively participate in a wide range of volunteer and fundraising initiatives within and around the Fredericton Community on a regular basis.
This is a full-time position (35 hours), under regular business hours. The position is available in Fredericton, NB.
If this sounds like a team that you’re ready to be a part of please click here to apply!
We thank all those who apply!