Date Posted: January 23, 2023
Posting Deadline: February 6, 2023
Department: The Language Centre
Type of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Group Affiliation: Bargaining Unit 79, Group 4 ($35,325 - $40,546 annually)
At Saint Mary's University, you will be surrounded by a talented and dedicated team of professionals committed to accessibility, diversity, and the provision of a positive and supportive learning environment. We recognize the importance of the contribution and growth of each individual in the University's success. We are currently looking to fill the position of Instructional Resources Assistant to join our The Language Centre team.
What we offer
As a team member at Saint Mary's, we are proud to offer many benefits. Some of these include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- Holiday closure
- Summer hour schedule
Job Information and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Academic Services Manager, the Instructional Resources Assistant will:
- Operate The Language Centre (TLC) Library and provide support to the instructors, staff and students of TLC.
- Maintains collection resources.
- Responsible for electronic circulation of collection material, the purchase, processing and removal of collection items and the ordering, and distribution of textbooks for various TLC programs.
- Creates promotional and informational material/activities.
- Assists with language testing as needed.
- Maintains library webpages, coordinates computer lab use and provides assistance with equipment.
- Directs and coordinates student assistant.
The Collective Agreement can be viewed here.
Experience and Education Requirements
To be the successful Instructional Resources Assistant you will have:
- High School graduation plus one (1) year community college.
- Minimum one-year related experience.
- Computer skills; experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and library databases or formal library training.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Proven customer service and organization skills.
- Experience in library environment considered an asset.
Apply for this opportunity online using our online application system through Career Beacon. Click on "Apply Now" and complete all required information fields. Qualified candidates should submit the following with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Late applications may not receive consideration. We appreciate all applications and note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
At Saint Mary's University, equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we welcome applications from women, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity and others who might contribute to the growth and enrichment of our community. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected]
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's top primary undergraduate universities--known for its international collaborations, leadership in entrepreneurship, and research that benefits local and global communities. Our programs in Arts, Science, Graduate Studies and the Sobey School of Business are among Canada's best and feature professors who are committed to the success of their students. Saint Mary's provides our 7,000 students with a place that fosters possibility, excellent research opportunities, and distinguished graduate and professional programs combined with a caring community. Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada's east coast, Saint Mary's University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. The Saint Mary's University community is committed to a prosperous future for the world-a world without limits.