NBCC is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Institutional Research Data Analyst to be based out of our Fredericton, Corporate location.
Our College is committed to transforming lives and communities. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and by our important role in social and economic development.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Manager of Institutional Research, as a member of the Institutional Research team, you will be primarily responsible to respond to the needs of the academic and student enrolment units of the organization; and help deliver data warehousing technology which converts College data contained within enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems to information useful to stakeholders for decision making. This role enhances timeliness, accuracy, consistency, and accessibility of reported data and develops procedures and documentation in support of this function.
- Working alongside teams within the business and the management team to establish business needs.
- Collecting and Combining the data result sets across multiple sources.
- Analyzing results and Identifying patterns and trends in data sets.
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business. and Interpreting and Delivering the data in a useful and appealing way to users.
- Making large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable, and usable.
- Transforming, improving, and integrating data, depending on the business requirements.
- Gathering, analyzing, and visualizing data to support decision-making.
- Designing dashboards to produce targeted reports and analyses departmental and divisional decision making.
- Incorporating leadership feedback into existing reports, dashboards, and analyses.
- Validating data and perform Quality Assurance analysis within datasets.
- Developing data management and governance processes.
- Building data validation automation to catch potential issues.
REPORTING AND PROJECTS
- Providing regular and non-regular reports on achievement of targets, in-year decisions and associated impacts, and proactive identification of potential risks.
- Performing data mining, analysis and reporting for team projects.
- Consulting and collaborating with external organizations as required.
- Attending regular training sessions and professional development.
SUPPORTING NBCC's DEVELOPMENT
- Contributing to NBCC's strategic plan by participating in relevant projects that support the vision, objectives, and annual plans.
- Reporting on benchmarks to measure the performance and plan improvements.
- Contributing to a team environment that encourages participation, where team members understand the department's and college's objectives and where they feel respected and supported.
- Proactively identifying training and other professional development opportunities
What you'll need
- Diploma or Degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Applied Statistics/Mathematics) or any analytical or technical discipline with relevant experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to organize, prioritize multiple demands and effectively manage time in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Analytical skills, strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organized and self-directed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and proactively problem solve.
- High level of proficiency in a digital environment, including Microsoft 365.
- Experience with academic databases.
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural competence and diversity
Preference may be given to candidates who:
- Have Experience in SQL, Python, R, ML.
- Have Experience in data visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau
Don't forget to clearly demonstrate how you meet these qualifications on your resume.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For fiveÃÂ years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Opportunity to work remotely (within New Brunswick, close to one of our campus locations
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive salary range of $1,765.00 - $2,465.00 bi- weekly
- Become a member of the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- NBCC's supports the wellbeing of its employees we provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
- Paid sick and vacation leave
- Volunteer leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs (Employee: Tuition Reimbursement Program AND Family: Tuition Reduction Benefit - Spouse and Children
As part of the Public Service of New Brunswick, NBCC requires proof of vaccination from all NBCC employees.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates must submit a detailed application and resume online by February 8, 2022.
College 4 Kids Instructor, Keep Calm and Bake On!! (Casual)
Moncton, NB, CA
Administrative Assistant (ASL 3) – Registrar Office – Moncton (Term)
Moncton, NB, CA
Classification and Employee Development Specialist - Regular (Any NBCC Location)
Fredericton, NB, CA
Applied Studies Internship
Fredericton, NB, CA