Are you someone who loves a challenge? Do you believe in hard work and delivering great results for clients? If this is you, then you may be our next Installation and Service Technician. It is a full-time position including our 4 block SSIT training program. Pay rate for this position is very competitive, up-to $25 per hour for high performing individuals with experience.
As a leader in the signage industry, Hansen Sign's is responsible for the design, manufacturing, installation, and maintenance of some of the highest quality signage in the region. We are a family owned and operated business who takes great pride in our employees and our finished products. We have been in business for over 40 years and are well positioned for further national growth. Every bit of work we do is centered around our core values and our brand integrity. As a strong team of individuals, we take pride in the client work we produce together.
Apply now to join our growing team and contribute to top-notch client service.
What you'll do
Your responsibilities include:
- Installing all types of signage including illuminated, non-illuminated, structural and decorative signage, awnings, wooden signs, vinyl, and other custom works of art.
- Crane Truck daily operation including loading product, travel to the site, rigging, and lifting.
- Interpreting and analyzing install drawings and bringing these concepts to reality in an efficient manner.
- Wiring and troubleshooting of Fluorescent fixtures, LED lighting, neon tubing, ballasts, power supplies, and electrical components according to CSA code and safe practice standards (certification provided).
- Operating zoom boom, light and heavy equipment, hand tools, climbing ladders at heights and using mechanical knowledge to fasten signs based on engineering drawings.
- Customer service - dealing directly with clients to schedule appointments on site.
- Maintaining a clean work site upon completion of work and taking completion photos.
- Communicate effectively with the Production Manager and co-workers.
- Keep track of paperwork and timesheets on jobs including labor and materials for each project, surveys, customer sign off, as well as handheld software.
- Comply with all safety requirements, work rules, and regulations.
What you'll need
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- An electrical background, basic construction and welding skills, and have at least three (3) years of similar experience or a combination of experience.
- Have experience and training operating a boom truck safely and working in a job site discipline. Boom Operator’s License an asset.
- Must understand wind-load and structural integrity based on industry best practice.
- Must be self-motivated, passionate about your work and able to get the job done in a timely fashion with the utmost level of quality, without supervision.
- Advanced, creative problem-solving skills and resilient when faced with challenges.
- Prepared to work in all weather conditions with the right gear.
- Class 3 License an asset.
- Must be clean, professional, and organized.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We are a full-service signage and fabrication operation with the ability to make our clients' dreams a reality by using a wide variety of media.
Passion for Excellence
We have a deep sense of care for our clients' experience and are driven to make their dreams a reality. This means that we lead with a strong commitment to integrity. Our passion is delivering the client's message in a way that creates something very special and forms a lasting memory in the minds of the target audience.
We are a solid team that can tackle any size project and we take pride in each and every result. To keep us operating like a well-oiled machine we are driven by our core values - to the point they are actually on the wall.
Our values are:
- Use Creativity To Solve Problems
- Think as a Team
- Deliver what we promise
- Always be learning
- Love a challenge
We work together and deliver the best work every time.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This position is perfect for those who enjoy working outdoors with their hands in a multi-discipline environment. If you have the drive to challenge yourself to get the job done with professionalism to ensure client satisfaction, and are proud of the completed work this opportunity is for you.
What's more? We're a family-owned and operated business, which means we care a lot about our employee's growth and professional development. You will always be learning and will be working with a core group of people who will treat you like family. We hold our values close and apply them to everything we do, day in and day out. We think as a team and use creativity to solve problems, we deliver what we promise, we love a challenge, and we support continual learning.
Apply Now to join our team!