The Insights Analyst plays a critical role in supporting the Category strategies through analytics, reporting, and Customer behavior modelling. This position is responsible for driving key business insights and solutions through fact-based understanding of the retail environment, market trends and consumer dynamics to evolve the personalized shopping experience.
What you'll do
- Use a consultative approach to provide strategic decision support to the Category Management team, Customer Strategy Business Unit and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Draw insight from Air Miles data mining, primary and secondary research studies, and internal data sources, for evaluating the strategic impact on the category business
- Lead the analytical process to derive business insights from sales data, Air Miles and consumer data; recommend solutions for business issues and opportunities based on market and consumer analytics
- Evaluate the impact of prevalent factors driving demand, including new product introductions, price changes, promotions and lifts, etc.
- Provide core insights related to promotional activity and oversee timely reporting and analysis of in-market programs
- Advise business unit managers and supplier partners on most effective promotional approaches
- Provide insight-based recommendations for banner and assortment changes
- Liaise with IT and Finance to ensure data and financial integrity standards are met
- Play advocacy role within organization regarding analytics capabilities and implementation timeframe
- Stay abreast of industry advancements and trends related to Insights/Rewards programs and report on the potential impacts to the business unit management
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrate commitment to the NSLC's social responsibility mandate and KORE Values
- Demonstrate commitment to workplace health and safety
- Travel as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you'll need
As a qualified candidate, you will have:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or Commerce
- Minimum 4 years of marketing, merchandising, or general management experience, preferably in the retail or consumer packaged goods sectors
- Familiarity and/or experience with Customer Insights and CRM programs / tools
- Experience with retail promotions and vendor relations
- Experience working in a dynamic, cross-functional environment
As an ideal candidate you will also have:
- Direct experience with customer reward/affinity programs
- Experience working in the beverage alcohol industry
- Background in analytics and category/portfolio management
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Liquor Corporation (NSLC)
The NSLC manages the safe and responsible sale of beverage alcohol and recreational cannabis in Nova Scotia, returning 100% of its profits to government to help fund key public services. As a true partner in our communities, the NSLC conducts its business with integrity and respect for the environment, while supporting the growth of local industry. For more information about the NSLC, please click HERE.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are looking for a strategic thinker who demonstrates effective interpersonal and project management skills, and has the ability translate analytic insights into actionable marketing and merchandising activity. The successful candidate will have the ability to make sound decisions and be detail-focused. You also work well in a team environment and are comfortable presenting to and influencing executive management. If you demonstrate the above, we'd like to hear from you!
For more information, please visit our Careers page. Qualified applicants may submit an application no later than 11:59 pm on August 20, 2019.