The Atlantic Lottery (AL) Outpost Lab is the only one of its kind in North America and potentially globally (for lotteries that is). Our team applies lean start-up, intrapreneurial and entrepreneurial approaches to rapidly bring visualizations, rough prototypes and MVP-like versions of products and service design ideas to life. These approaches enable us to test with people, before concepts proceed into development.
The right candidate will be joining a highly agile team and work in a leading-edge and exciting area of the company. Make no mistake in true entrepreneurial fashion you will be required to wear many different hats. First as the product lead you will have the opportunity to be the point-person on many new and interesting concepts building on your entrepreneurial and corporate leadership skillset. You will be actively going from insights to prototypes and back again. Regularly talking to both existing and many non-customer segments you will be testing how these prototypes resonate with them and sharing these new insights back to the dev team to iterate and evolve. Leading live market tests is a thing too. Your marketing chops will come in handy. Last but not least, you will be helping with the day-to-day running of the lab at Volta and working with super-talented designers, developers and consultants to bring it all together.
No mistake - it is a challenging position. You will, however, have a great team behind you and solid training coming your way to help you along.
What you'll do
Research: Coordinate and conduct user interviews and usability testing. Partner with researchers (internal and external), other designers, corporate SME's, marketing, and business partners to define user problems and needs based on this research.
Communicate: Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, and design rationale in written form as well as verbally and visually to gain alignment and move the work forward.
Design: Assist in designing at all levels of fidelity including user flows, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, visual designs, and detailed interactions for a product at scale - taking into consideration the full customer journey, touchpoints, mobile, and product experience and the persona that drives them.
Iterate & Validate: Iterate on designs according to research and feedback, validating your work with data and real users.
Execute: Work with developers to oversee and review the building process to ensure a polished experience for all the concepts we touch for as long as we have ownership of it.
What you'll need
What we can expect from you:
- An eye for good design and customer empathy
- Ability to work as a productive, proactive and supportive team member
- A solid understanding of statistics and know how to interpret and illicit insights
- Ability to talk to customers
- Has a way with words - Brief, clear writing style (unlike this posting. Sorry 😉😉)
- Time Management
- Influencing Skills- able to delegate and manage laterally
- Humble - you don't have to know everything (it's ok to fail or ask for help)
- Able to prioritize
- Know the importance of effective meetings and practices this skill.
- "Understands" code and development languages.
- A strong level of passion and willingness to be awesome!
Who's a good fit for this team:
- An individual with proven ability to do whatever it takes to get the job done while taking initiative and pushing projects forward under tight deadlines;
- Someone with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work without missing critical deadlines;
- Ability to both adapt to and manage changing priorities independently in a fast-paced environment.
You should apply if you have the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree or Diploma from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Business, or related degree relevant to the essential functions of this job or a minimum of three (3) years' experience performing a substantially similar role is required for this role.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island.
The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet.
With games come winners - big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good!
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Convenient downtown Halifax location in Volta Labs, a vibrant tech startup hub
- Working with an agile, collaborative team backed by the resources of an enterprise- scale corporation
- Ping pong skills will get a boost
- You will become a corporate entrepreneurial Ninja! How cool is that?!
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values: Integrity & Social Responsibility. Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Bilingual Customer Care Representative (03-2012)
Moncton, NB, CA
Sr. Manager, IT Service Delivery and Optimization (03-2014)
Moncton, NB, CA
Sr. Developer (03-2016)
Moncton, NB, CA
Brand Manager, National and Regional Games – Term (04-2003)
Moncton, NB, CA
Social Media Coordinator (03-2001)
Moncton, NB, CA