Acadia seeks an Information and Data Specialist - Student Systems in the Registrar's Office to produce information and data required for the management of the student information system that maintains student records. Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and updating operational syntax and code for Colleague rules and processes.
- Recommending system enhancements for data integrity and efficiency.
- Running system quality assurance audits.
- Modifying student records as required and ensuring updating and posting of grades.
- Creating and updating term dates, parameters, course catalogs with curriculum changes, timetable adjustments, etc.
- Advising on available course numbers, short titles, etc.
- Generating and distributing lists and reports such as Dean's list, Convocation list, grade sheets/program evaluations for graduation clearance, probation and dismissal lists, etc.
- Preparing diplomas for signature.
- Provide system training to both new and existing users.
- Providing departmental operational support and communications by providing backup to Client Service Representatives, ordering of supplies, room bookings, managing email list serves and responding to emails.
- Maintaining departmental website and posting important dates to Acadia Central.
- We are seeking a candidate who possesses a bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or a similar area) with related experience and working ability of standard query language.
- Knowledge of University regulations, procedures, and programs will be considered an asset.
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills are necessary for this role. Demonstrated accuracy and the ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative environment is required.
- Applicants must be highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and database management.
- Web management and experience as a trainer is an asset.
THE REWARDS: Acadia offers a comprehensive benefit package in addition to a starting salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience in the range of $43,541 - $45,804 per annum (AUPAT Level 4). To see more information on why Acadia is an employer of choice, please visit our website at https://hr.acadiau.ca.
TO APPLY:To apply for this opportunity, click on the "Apply Now" button and upload your cover letter and resume. For further information or to request a detailed job description, please contact Jennifer Veinot at email@example.com. Consideration of applications will begin on October 18, 2021.
Please be advised that only those invited for an interview will be contacted. The University reserves the right not to fill this position. A six-month eligibility list may be established from this competition to fill future vacancies for identical positions.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Acadia University is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from Aboriginal people, African Nova Scotians, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, and persons of any minority sexual orientation or gender identity. Consistent with the principles of employment equity, the primary criterion for appointment to a position is qualifications and professional excellence. Candidates who identify as a member of one of the afore-mentioned groups, and who wish to have the application considered as such, are invited to submit the online Employment Equity Voluntary Self-Identification Form as part of their application package.
The university will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation because of a disability or for any other reason during the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little bit about us
You are an important part of the Acadia community - your thoughts, ideas, and personality matter here. Beyond the ivy-covered academic buildings, awesome residences, incredible sports facilities, and renowned natural environmental research and recreation areas, you will find an international student body, small classes, top-level research facilities, award-winning professors, and supportive alumni. Every second person you meet in the unique shops and cafes of the town of Wolfville, Nova Scotia, will be connected to Acadia and to you. Founded in 1838, Acadia is a primarily undergraduate liberal arts university with a long tradition of academic excellence and groundbreaking innovation. Although our offerings are many, our small size necessitates working across disciplines and including undergraduate students in important research. You will contribute to the outstanding reputation Acadia enjoys - consistent toptier rankings by Maclean's and top marks in the Globe and Mail's Canadian University Report.
Marketing and Communications Officer
Wolfville, NS, CA
Accounting Clerk, Financial Services
Wolfville, NS, CA
Administrative Assistant, Environment and Sustainability Studies
Wolfville, NS, CA