We are currently looking for an Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) to join our winning team. As our ideal candidate you are highly motivated, hard working and looking to bring your expertise and knowledge to a team. With the ability to work in a fast paced environment, you will be a key part of the team responsible for the building of new equipment and process upgrades. Our Team plays a crucial role ensuring machines are built through correct processes in order to achieve high quality standards to meet business needs.
What you'll do
- Fabricate and assemble product such as framework, sheet metal and templates or fixtures for machinery according to job order.
- Set up and operate machinery and tools associated with fabricating shop
- Fabrication by drilling, milling, lathing, welding, operating many power tools as required to fix machines or build new parts
- Working with different systems including: pneumatic, hydraulic, power transmission, vacuums, clutches, some electrical, and more
- Assisting on new projects or improvement plans for older machines
- Reading blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Assist mechanics and other trades as needed to meet tight deadlines
- Maintain a clean and safe work area while contributing to overall plant safety and cleanliness
- Inspecting and monitoring machinery and equipment for pinch points and safety hazards; installing safety devices as required
- All other duties as assigned
What you'll need
- 3+ years experience in maintenance / machining role
- Minimum block 2 Industrial Mechanic
- Demonstrated ability to follow safe work practices and procedures
- Able to problem solve and use critical thinking and decision making skills
- Experience in production enviroment considered an asset
- Able to follow oral and written directions
- Able to function well in a team environment and to communicate clearly with others
- Able to lift loads of up-to 70lbs
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Possesses good computer skills
- Having a proactive/preventive approach
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Being punctual and reliable
- Experience as an Industrial Mechanic in a similar environment would be a definite asset
- Bilingualism would be considered an asset
A little bit about us
Imperial Manufacturing Group
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies - Platinum Club", our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be at their best every day. Encouraging them to think on their feet, to take an idea from start to finish, to take ownership of their job, and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.