Moosehead Breweries Limited is Canada's last major brewer still owned by Canadians. Headquartered in Saint John, New Brunswick, the company has been operated by the Oland family since it was established in 1867.
As part of our improvement journey we are currently seeking an Industrial Electrician / Instrumentation Tradesperson with leadership aptitudes to join our team at the Saint John Brewery. The ideal candidate will bring best practice experience from various industries and help the team continuously elevate the standards.
The principal accountabilities of the Industrial Electrician / Instrumentation are to manage assigned work orders; troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment in a manufacturing plant. Industrial electrical experience and skill are essentials for this position. Prior experience with motor control center (MCC), AC/DC variable speed drives, programming Rockwell Software PLCs, HMIs and control networks are preferred.
What you'll do
- Install/program/troubleshoot industrial electrical equipment, programmable logic controllers (PLC), AC/DC variable speed drives and human machine interfaces (HMI).
- Have complete knowledge of all current and voltage characteristics such as single phase, 3 phases, 110Vac, 220Vac, 440Vac, 575Vac, DC voltage, distribution panels and substation switch gear.
- Be able to work with various PC program and operating systems.
- Accountable for your Safety and the Safety of others in your work area.
- Responsible for the output from your work area to ensure the customer always receives a quality beer experience.
- Must possess superior analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to run conduit and knowledge of relevant codes
- Proficient in diagnosing and testing motors and motor control circuits
- Assist in continuous process control improvements
- Have excellent time management, communications, human relations and organization skills.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Be able to work scheduled hours which include dynamic shift work.
- Over time as required.
- Available for call-in when needed.
- Will be required to work from heights in a safe manner, heavy lifting, shift work when required and various other physical tasks.
- Perform preventive/corrective maintenance, troubleshoot, diagnose, report and repair necessary to keep plant operations, equipment machinery and tools in good operating condition.
- Perform electrical installations.
- Install, start up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures.
- Communicate with operators and maintenance personnel on operation procedures and requirements for working safely with electrical/electronic components and equipment.
What you'll need
- Must have 3 to 5 years of industrial experience in process control, electricity, instrumentation and maintenance.
- Valid Province of N.B. Industrial Electrical Journeyman License or within 6 months of obtaining.
- Valid Province of N.B. Instrumentation Journeyman License or within 6 months of obtaining.
- Minimum of five years maintenance experience in a plant setting
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley Drives, Relay Logic, PLC’s and programming
- Strong focus on safety
- Adaptable and positive attitude towards change
- Self-directed and shows initiative with little supervision
- Strong execution skills with solid process discipline
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Approachable, team-oriented personality
- Results oriented, sets high standards
- Energetic with a strong work ethic
A little bit about us
Moosehead Breweries Limited
Moosehead Breweries Limited is the last major brewery in Canada still owned by Canadians. The brewery is located in Saint John, New Brunswick and operates with values that have been safely guarded by the same family since 1867.
Despite obstacles, devastating fires, Prohibition, the Great Depression, two world wars, obstructive trade barriers, and bruising competition from breweries 100 times its size. Moosehead is one of the most durable and long lasting companies in Canada. Ultimately it has been the Oland family's passion for beer that has enabled them to be successful over the long term.
With their product on beer shelves from Newfoundland to B.C., and its flagship Moosehead Lager shipped to approximately 350 distributors in the U.S.; Moosehead has become an iconic mainstay in North America's beer industry.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by 5:00pm AST December 19, 2017.
Moosehead Breweries Limited appreciates the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.