Income Review Supervisor, Client Services
Location: Any site office within Western District
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: Excluded (Non-union)
Competition# WES 23045
Closing Date: March 24, 2023
About Our Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Client Service, the Income Review Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the effective and efficient administration of the rent geared to income process and the Income Review team. Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure the best service for those we serve.
What you'll do
• Ensure the effective supervision of the Income Review team by setting and evaluating performance targets, promoting diversity and a healthy workplace, demonstrating leadership competencies, taking part in, and respecting corporate human resources practices, promoting teamwork and individual development, manage performance and maintaining internal communication.
• Ensure the highest quality Client Service is provided and support staff in managing various relationships.
• Exercise tact, discretion and empathy when dealing with files to ensure positive client relationships.
• Ensure the Income Review staff maintain confidentiality and integrity of tenant related information.
• Ensure the timely and complete return of income documentation for rent adjustment purposes and other deadlines by monitoring the delivery of lease update packages, creating and maintaining a follow-up system, sending lease renewal reminders prior to the expiry date of the lease.
• Ensure policy and processes are adhered to.
• Identifying and analyzing income documentation and family compositions for accuracy and completeness; processing annual renewals and interim adjustments, abatements and rent calculations; research non-declaration of income(s) and/or family composition.
• Ensure all relevant information is conveyed to tenants by preparing correspondence to tenants regarding rent calculations, abatements and/or adjustments.
• May assist tenants and the public in finding or connecting with other sources of income by redirecting their inquiries on disabilities, adult supports, Employment Insurance, Workers' Compensation Board, Department of Health for Pharmacare and Caregiver Programs, etc.
• Travel within the Western District is required.
What you'll need
• Successful completion of post-secondary education in a related field, plus three years' supervisory experience required.
• Strong keyboarding skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent knowledge of office procedures and practices are required to maintain accurate and secure files, track and follow-up information/report requests.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills to set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Client service oriented with strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with co-workers, tenants, other departments, and the public in a positive, tactful, courteous and cooperative manner.
• Ability to exercise tact, discretion, sound judgment and initiative when handling inquiries, requests and submissions that are sensitive and confidential in nature; and
• Adaptable to change as the job requires, receptive to new ideas and willing to try new methods and approaches.
• Possess a valid Nova Scotia driver's license with access to a reliable vehicle for work purposes
• Experience supervising unionized employees.
• Knowledge of Yardi Property Management software.
Analytical Thinking, Action Management, Team Leadership, Initiative, Effective Interactive Communication, Partnering & Relationship Building, and Intercultural & Diversity Proficiency.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that's right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia's housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, the Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification: PR 10
Salary Range: $55,784.02-$68,053.71
Hours per week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.