The Scotiabank Centre, managed by Events East Group, is the largest multipurpose facility in Atlantic Canada, serving as the region's premier venue for major entertainment and sporting events and the nucleus of major event activity in Nova Scotia. Having hosted the world's top performers, homegrown talent, best in class athletes and many performers in between, Scotiabank Centre has been a source for community vibrancy and pride for over 35 years. With a seating capacity of more than 10,000 and the versatility to accommodate a range of events, Scotiabank Centre hosts close to 500,000 attendees each year and is home to the Halifax Mooseheads, the Halifax Hurricanes, Halifax Thunderbirds Lacrosse and the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo.
The Scotiabank Centre is now inviting applications for the position of Ice Crew within our Property Services Team.
An Ice Crew member provides support to the Ice Technician team for a variety of ice-related maintenance and operations before, during, and after ice related events at the Scotiabank Centre.
- Installing and removing hockey nets between periods of a hockey game or between games.
- Helping to prepare the Zamboni for resurfacing the ice during events; this will include filling and draining the water wash system with a high-pressure hot water hose.
- Various ice repairs and maintenance during events.
- Removing snow and water left by the Zamboni after resurfacing.
- Cleaning arena glass.
- Assisting in the replacement of arena glass if it is damaged or breaks.
- Assisting the ice technicians chipping out ice during removal or repairs.
- Assisting ice technicians making ice or painting logos and lines on the ice surface.
- Acting with caution and professionalism in order to avoid slips/falls while on the ice or filling the Zamboni with hot water preparing for resurfacing.
- Must be able to skate competently and have own skates & helmet.
- Must be available for varying shifts, primarily evenings and weekends
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to [email protected] with ICE CREW in the subject line or via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.