Position: Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Analyst
Department: Human Resources
Position Type: AUPAT 5, Full-time, Permanent
Date Posted: March 7, 2023
Application Deadline: 11:59PM March 27, 2023
Competition #: 23-13-AU
Salary: To be commensurate with qualifications and experience in the range of $51,594 - $63,187.
Benefits: Our total compensation package includes a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plan, health spending account, life insurance, optional life insurance, AD&D insurance, long-term disability insurance, employee and family assistance program, tuition discount for employees and their dependents, free gym facility membership, 4 weeks' vacation increasing with years of service, university paid holidays including winter break closure.
Other: This is a hybrid work opportunity (flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote work), as agreed by all parties based on operational requirements and university guidelines.
What you'll do
Acadia's Department of Human Resources is looking for a HRIS Analyst to join our team and be the primary point of contact for HR reporting and data requests. In this technical role, you will play a vital part in maximizing the functionality of our HR system (Ellucian Colleague) and other technologies used within HR. The Analyst will be the subject matter expert for the operations and enhancement of the system and acts as the bridge between HR and Acadia's IT Department.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player who loves people, systems and processes who can critically review and improve existing systems and related processes. Technical knowledge in HRIS systems (particularly Ellucian Colleague) and analytical acumen is critical for this position.
The HRIS Analyst will have the opportunity to work on a variety of HR projects, broadening their exposure to HR issues and policies.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the responsibilities of the HRIS Analyst will include, but are not limited to:
- support the ongoing development and optimization of HR systems; evaluate and recommend opportunities for automation and streamline business processes.
- production of standardized and customized listings and reports.
- create database queries and datasets to develop specialized management reports and to support planning and decision making.
- ensures HR data quality, consistency, accuracy, privacy of data, and other human resources functions, in a manner that is consistent with legislation, collective agreements, and University guidelines.
- analyze and recommend how collective agreement rules and legislative updates should be configured ensuring accuracy, compliance and efficiency is maximized.
- ensure the design of administrative processes are in synergy with the HRIS.
- assists in rollout, training, and implementation of HRIS dashboards, and other reporting projects and programs.
- work in close collaboration with HR staff, ensuring downstream impacts are transparent and conducive to a robust end-to-end process.
- collaborate with various university stakeholders.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of HR systems, processes and best practices, and experience with HR employee data analysis.
- Demonstrated technical competence in creating complex reports, dashboards, and visualizing effective metrics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and creatively.
- Ability to draw associated insights and make effective recommendations.
- High proficiency in using Excel.
- Advanced proficiency in database management, as well as running SQL queries.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Superior writing skills as it relates to documenting processes and procedures.
- Team player with ability to collaborate with peers.
- Experience working in a university environment an asset.
- Experience working with Colleague by Ellucian and Informer by Entrinsik (Business Analytics Software) an asset.
Key Success Factors:
- High degree of curiosity and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Known for your ability to quickly learn, effectively navigate and use a variety of systems and technologies.
- Always looking for a win-win solution.
- Confident enough to know when to ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Attention to detail with a focus on results and moving projects to completion.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Acadia University, located in Mi'kma'ki, the ancestral territory of the Mi'kmaq nation, is one of Canada's leading primarily undergraduate institutions. For over 180 years, Acadia has been providing students with a learning environment that ensures they have every opportunity to succeed in life. Our graduates emerge with the tools required to be global citizens and community leaders. Acadia's faculty and staff are key to our institutional success and share a commitment to provide our students with a high quality post-secondary education. As a staff member, you will be part of this transformational educational experience where innovation is encouraged, and your ideas are welcomed.
Acadia University is located only one hour from the city of Halifax in Nova Scotia's beautiful Annapolis Valley in the Town of Wolfville. Wolfville offers residents an affordable lifestyle, outstanding recreational opportunities, internationally acclaimed restaurants, a healthy economy, and the best weather in the Atlantic provinces. The Town of Wolfville is one of the fastest-growing communities in Nova Scotia where people find the perfect mix of small-town livability and urban energy. It's a place that people love to live, and those who do not live here love to visit.
To see more information on why Acadia is an employer of choice, please visit our website at www.hr.acadiau.ca.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
TO APPLY: To apply for this opportunity, click on the "Apply Now" button and upload your cover letter, resume, and references. For further information or to request a detailed job description, please contact Keilani Tupper at [email protected].
Please be advised that only those invited for an interview will be contacted. The University reserves the right not to fill this position. A six-month eligibility list may be established from this competition to fill future vacancies for identical positions.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Acadia University is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from Aboriginal people, African Nova Scotians, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, and persons of any minority sexual orientation or gender identity. Consistent with the principles of employment equity, the primary criterion for appointment to a position is qualifications and professional excellence. Candidates who identify as a member of one of the afore-mentioned groups, and who wish to have the application considered as such, are invited to submit the online Employment Equity Voluntary Self-Identification Form as part of their application package.
The university will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodation because of a disability or for any other reason during the interview process, please contact [email protected]