Reporting to the Vice President, People & Corporate Services, the Human Resources Generalist, will manage the daily functions of the Human Resources department including but not limited to, recruitment, administering payroll, benefits, and leaves, and enforcing company policies and practices. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual, who works effectively on a team or independently, in a fast-paced environment.
What you'll do
What you will be doing:
- Managing and assisting in the recruitment process for all positions within BTSI which including:
- Maintaining an online applicant tracking system
- Creating internal and external job postings
- Conducting pre-screening/interviews
- Contacting references
- Preparing letters of offer, employment contracts, and sub-contracting Agreements
- Overseeing departure process which including:
- Conducting Exit interviews
- Vacation Reconciliation.
- Payroll Processing
- Developing, implementing, maintaining, and interpreting policies, procedures, and programs, to ensure effective delivery of human resources services throughout the Company
- Administering employee rewards, bonuses, and compensation plans in conjunction with management
- Administering and managing all employee benefit programs
- Facilitating and tracking training for all employees
- Maintaining current market value salary scales
- Managing and monitoring performance-related issues
- Facilitating and administrating performance management throughout the entire organization
- Advising management and employees on human resources policies and procedures
- Maintaining and updating the HR Policy Manual and other policies when required and implementing new policies as per the Company
- Adhering to SOPs by continuously reviewing and updating as needed, ensuring the Company remains ISO compliant
- Participating in both internal and external audits
- Maintaining and updating all ERP systems, and employee personnel files, electronic and physical
- Identifying employee relations concerns and taking appropriate action to address and resolve issues
- Providing advice and coaching to Managers and Directors on resolving employee relations and performance management issues
- Planning and delivering employee orientation presentations as well as employee engagement programs or events to maximize morale, performance, and retention
- Compile, maintain, and interpret various HR data and prepare reports for management.
- Conduct Semi-Monthly payroll for BTSI, including updating any changes in premiums, salaries and participate in bi-weekly payroll for Bluedrop USA
- Complete other projects and duties as requested by the Company or the Vice President, People & Corporate Services
What you'll need
What do you need to succeed?
- Certificate, Diploma or degree in Human Resource Management, or a related field
- CHRP certification is an asset
- At least 3 years' experience in employee relations and HRIS systems and as a Generalist
- Experience with ERP systems is considered an asset
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of Provincial and Federal labour laws
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge about conflict management
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Ability to work as a team member and independently
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada Security Clearance
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation designs, develops, and integrates advanced training solutions including state-of-the-art training and simulation products and highly interactive courseware and technical documentation. Our approach meets the demands of today's modern armed forces providing blended training solutions from the classroom through to simulated virtual environments aimed at improving safety, productivity, and efficiency. Bluedrop has developed a unique suite of cutting-edge virtual rear crew and hoist mission training systems and armored vehicle simulators. Bluedrop Training & Simulation is a small to medium-sized enterprise providing a strong value proposition offering Canadian designed and developed solutions. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky (owned by Lockheed Martin).
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What's in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers, to keep us growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.