Butterfield employs more than 1,300 people across 10 jurisdictions. Our HR team facilitates everything from recruitment and retention, to professional development, talent management and analytics. Our global team provides strategic insight to ensure the business has the talent it needs to grow and works to create the best possible experience for our colleagues―whether they are seasoned professionals or just starting their careers. The HR Administrator provides administrative support to the Human Resources department in the areas of Human Resources Information System (HRIS) administration, Learning & Development (L&D) support, and general HR administrative support to the local HR team.
What you'll do
• Assisting with the administration of the Learning Management System (LMS), including uploading learning courses, collating feedback, reporting, marketing, and liaising with the platform providers.
• Providing administrative support to employees and management on the LMS through portal navigation assistance, general inquiries, and reporting.
• Ensuring accuracy of data on the LMS and assigning mandatory training in accordance with Group policies.
• Acting as HRIS administrator for multiple jurisdictions, responsible for HR data entry to ensure accuracy of personnel data.
• Ensuring completeness of personnel folders in accordance to set processes.
• Coordinating administrative tasks associated with HR Programmes such as processing invoices, scheduling appointments, reservations, meetings, running virtual meetings and general communications.
• Carrying out any other duties as requested, including departmental projects.
What you'll need
• Post-secondary education in Office Administration, Business Administration or Human Resources, coupled with previous experience in administration or equivalent combination of work experience in office or HR administration.
• Solid Microsoft Office skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with absolute discretion.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
• Ability to multi-task and collaborate with a team locally and across the Group.
• Can-do attitude.
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.