Imperial Manufacturing Group is currently looking for a self-motivated Human Resources Generalist who would like to help us write the next chapter in our story. As part of the Human Resources team, the HR Generalist will work out of both the Dieppe and Richibucto facilities and be responsible to provide support to our Operations team through recruitment, onboarding, employee engagement initiatives, performance management, and all other areas of the Human Resources field.
If you are our ideal candidate, you live and breathe the role that Human Resources plays in the work environment and are excited about the thought of working in a "hands on" manufacturing environment with an evolving organization. As the successful HR Generalist, you will play a key role in all HR functions including training, testing, development, employee enagement initiatives, recognition, facilitation, health and safety, internal communications, coordination of special events, and more.
What you'll do
- Proven ability to manage HR initiatives in areas such as Recruitment, Retention, Onboarding, Training and Development, Employee Engagement, Performance Management, etc.
- Contributing towards a positive work environment by demonstrating a positive demeanor and attitude; requires high level of emotional intelligence
- Ensure HR presence on production floor by performing walkabouts to maintain open communication
- Responsible to lead the full recruitment process for both production and professional band employees
- Dealing with and addressing employee requests and/or concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Creating and facilitating training sessions based on strategic organizational requirements
- Supporting intrenal teams as needed
- Providing metrics to analyze program successes
- Keeping up to date on funding opportunities available and completing all necessary documentation
- Continually looking for ways to improve HR processes, programs and offerings
- Organizing work tasks with a keen understanding of priorities
- Achieving goals/timelines while potentially dealing with constant interruptions
- All other duties as assigned
What you'll need
- 3 - 5 years working experience as an HR Coordinator, HR Generalist or in a related field
- Experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Bilingualism is required
- High level of emotional intelligence required
- CPHR designation is considered an asset
- Strong sense of urgency
- Able to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Self motivated
- Excellent communication skills
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Imperial Manufacturing Group
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies - Platinum Club", our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be at their best every day. Encouraging them to think on their feet, to take an idea from start to finish, to take ownership of their job, and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of “Canada’s Best Managed Companies – Platinum Club”, our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be their best every day by encouraging them to think on their feet….to take an idea from start to finish….to take ownership of their job…and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by September 27th, 2017.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMG – Proud to be an equal opportunity employer