The Human Resources Coordinator reports to the HR Generalist, Human Resources, with an indirect reporting line to the AVP, Human Resources Manager, and provides support to internal clients in the areas of recruitment and selection, Employee Central, HR administration, employee new hire and exit processes, and assisting with special projects as assigned.
Butterfield employs more than 1,300 people across 10 jurisdictions. Our Human Resources team focuses on all areas of HR including recruitment and retention, learning and development, talent management, culture and engagement, payroll and benefits, and information management and analytics. Our global team works closely with key stakeholders and leaders to provide a strategic partnership ensuring the business has the talent and resources required to meet growing demands while working collaboratively to create a positive and rewarding employee experience.
What you'll do
• Supporting the HR team in recruitment and selection, on-boarding and job advertisements, candidate shortlisting, conduct pre-screening, interviews, reference/background checks, preparing offer letters, completion of candidate due diligence, preparation of employment contracts, etc.
• Building and maintaining the candidate pipeline and establishing a network in the local market to ensure visibility of Butterfield and marketing of opportunities.
• Assisting with employee new hire, on-boarding and exiting processes, ensuring that all required documentation is received and processes are adhered to.
• Supporting Employee Central administration and processing of transactions for multiple jurisdictions.
• Supporting Benefits and Pension administration, providing guidance to employees on benefits and options.
• Supporting employees and management on the Learning & Development portal and contributing to L&D programs and initiatives.
• Supporting the onboarding and exiting of employees, ensuring company policies and procedures are followed.
• Administration of new hire and exit survey portal with responsibility, generating reports as needed
• Managing personnel files and information, primarily responsible for file audits and ensuring adherence to Group policies and procedures.
• Greeting new staff on their first day of employment, arranging for staff IDs, advising departments of employee arrivals, etc.
• Carrying out any other duties as requested including departmental projects.
What you'll need
Post-secondary education in Business or Human Resources, combined with previous human resources experience.
• Ability to learn the local employment and immigration legislation as well as the Bank's policies, procedures and practices.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with absolute discretion.
• Ability to act impartially.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently while also collaborating with a team locally and across the Group
• Proficiency in MS Office
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.