Reporting to the Human Resources Manager and Safety Manager, the HR & Safety Coordinators’ primary focus is to support both the Human Resources and Safety Department with coordination and administration of their policies and programs. If you would like a career in a growing company here is the opportunity for you!
What you'll do
- Advise managers and employees regarding HR policies, procedures, programs
- Co-ordinate employee performance appraisal process
- Plan, co-ordinate and deliver employee engagement activities
- Administer benefit programs
- Maintain confidential, accurate, employee information
- Safety incident recording and reporting
- Monitor safety compliance and maintain records in our learning system
- Manage contractor compliance Safety program (ISNet World)
- Review safety policies and recommend updates
- Review safety meeting minutes, summarizing action items and follow up on items to ensure complete
- Perform accident investigations and site hazard assessments
What you'll need
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management and/or Occupation Health and Safety
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Ability to take ownership of initiatives and follow through meeting deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of technology including MS Office software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in Human Resources and/ or Safety would be considered an asset
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a dual role balancing priorities
A little bit about us
Source Atlantic - optimizing industry since 1867. One of Deloitte's 2017 Canada's Best Managed Companies, at Source Atlantic we create innovative, tailored solutions for our customers designed to maximize value and improve productivity. Our team draws on sourced products from world-class suppliers; custom-made products built by our in-house experts; and consulting services designed to help our customers innovate, stay safe, and improve profitability. We work hard to be an indispensable, long-term partner in a competitive business landscape.
Source Atlantic has 21 locations throughout Atlantic Canada, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
A vital strength within Source Atlantic is its team of dedicated, honest, and customer oriented employees. A willingness to improve and achieve are evident throughout the company as a result of focus on value added services for our customers, technological advances, employee training, and an employee incentive program.
Source Atlantic's mission is to provide world class product and service solutions for the industrial, government, commercial, and residential markets, while providing the highest level of customer service.
Source Atlantic is dedicated to:
- Conducting business ethically and safely
- Developing a product and services offering to satisfy our customers' needs
- Providing industry expertise through knowledgeable sales associates
- Creating a great work environment and encouraging employee development
- Continuously improving processes
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Source Atlantic provides a complete and single source of distribution to the industrial, government, commercial and residential markets. We are partnered with hundreds of world class suppliers, offer a multitude of specialized and technical services, and have many value added solutions designed to improve our customers’ efficiency and productivity throughout the supply chain.
A vital strength within Source Atlantic is its team of dedicated, honest, and customer oriented employees.