Prestige Homes, a division of The Shaw Group Limited has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Home Designer to join our talented, driven, and fast-growing Design team. In this role, you will work in collaboration with our team of industry leaders on several projects related to design and construction of residential homes. You will have the opportunity to apply innovative concepts to our residential designs while working closely with our Design & Quality team to create and maintain product records and ensure products meet applicable codes and standards..
Why The Shaw Group:
- We are a one-of-a-kind home builder. We don't just put lines to paper, we design them and bring them to life. You will have the opportunity to innovate and design by understanding market needs through analysis of future trends that could drive product changes.
- At The Shaw Group, we recognize that the growth of our employees is critical to the growth of our company and that the hard work and dedication of our people has allowed us to expand and grow for over 160 years. We understand the necessity in investing in our people and recognizing their individual achievements. Teamwork is the foundation of our success, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters communication, collaboration, and new ideas. We want to make sure everyone's voice is heard; all ideas are considered and every one of our employees is given the tools to reach their full potential.
What you will bring:
- Training or equivalent experience in either Engineering, architecture, Technology, Supply Chain, Procurement, or relevant field
- Strong computer skills in MS Office suite with experience using Adobe Acrobat, , AutoCAD, Revit and/or other graphic and design software.
- Understanding of residential construction, interior design, and/or product development.
- Knowledge of building codes and building components.
- Experience with estimating and quantity takeoffs
- Strong attention to detail, communication, planning and organizational skills
- A desire to research new products and latest design trends
- Familiarity with modular construction or design would be an asset
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle
- Extended health and dental benefits with company matching RRSP program
- Competitive compensation package including participation in our performance-based incentive program.
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship, and opportunity to participate in other projects across the organization.
- An open and inclusive environment that encourages everyone to bring ideas to the table.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.shawgroupltd.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Shaw Group is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
To learn more about why you want to work at The Shaw Group, click the link below:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: In person
A little bit about us
Prestige Homes has been manufacturing beautiful and functional modular homes since 1973, from our manufacturing facility located in Sussex, New Brunswick. This is where our skilled employees precision-engineer modules (sections) of homes to be delivered to the home site, where they are then fitted together and roofing, siding, drywall and flooring are installed.