The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates through several divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.
We are currently recruiting for Home Construction Labourers to join a new team in the construction of small footprint homes in cluster communities. You will work as part of a two-person team and although, construction experience will be an asset, it is not required. Successful candidates will be provided 10 to 12 weeks of on-the-job training while constructing a full-scale prototype home. Your drive to learn, develop construction skills, and work as part of a team will provide the elements for success. You will report to the Construction Lead, who will ensure Safe Construction and Quality Assurance methods are adhered to.
What you'll do
- Construction and completion of small footprint stick-built homes as well as installation and carpentry of modular home finishing components.
- Completing company provided safety training and following safe working practices in the workplace.
- Following instructions from company provided training manuals/images/videos.
- Maintaining organization of tools and materials to optimize workflow.
- Keeping worksites clean to minimize hazards and disruptions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues that may arise during construction, promptly addressing potential setbacks.
- Ensuring compliance with local building codes and regulations.
- Participating in safety tool-box meetings and progress updates on project status.
What you'll need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience, education, or apprenticeship in construction or a related field will be an asset
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation to and from worksites.
The successful candidate(s) will possess the following traits and abilities:
- Safety Awareness
- Attention to details and sequence of steps
- Ability to follow dimensional plans and work process standards.
- Respectful, communicative, and collaborative with team members
- Moderate physical strength and stamina, with the ability to perform demanding physical tasks.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate or develop the following competencies:
- Ability to receive in-person instruction during the initial training stage.
- Competent measurement and math skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when required.
- Familiarity with building materials, tools, and basic construction techniques.
- Proficient in operating power tools and construction equipment safely and effectively.
- Comfortable working at heights up to 16 feet utilizing Fall Protection safety equipment.
- Adhere to safety guidelines including wearing appropriate safety equipment and following all regulations.
- Safeguarding the tools, equipment, and site for after-hours protection.
- Utilizing scaffolding and other safety devices to support construction activities.
- Notify Supervisor of any problems or obstacles that may affect project timelines or safety.
- Complete project stages within established standards, demonstrating effective time management.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow, and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com