Are you an IT Professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment while providing exceptional client service helping to ensure technology is functioning properly?
McInnes Cooper is currently seeking a client service-focused Helpdesk Support Analyst to join our Technology and Information Services team in our Halifax office. This role is an integral part of our technology support activities, with the primary function of understanding and supporting the needs of our people relative to desktop platforms and related software.
As a Helpdesk Support Analyst, you will:
- Provide effective solutions to internal client requests by prioritizing, troubleshooting, researching, and testing solutions and documenting resolutions utilizing the Service Desk Ticket Management System;
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to Tier1 helpdesk team members;
- Provide instruction and ad-hoc training to firm members for all modified and new systems;
- Coordinate and perform in-depth hardware and software tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support;
- Execute Root Cause Analysis on identified issues and generate related reports;
- Coordinate upgrades through test and production deployment;
- Meet with system owners and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements and systems goals, identify and resolve systems issues; and,
- Define and document service processes.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Post-secondary Diploma or Degree in business administration or computer science;
- Minimum of three (3) years of related IT experience including client-facing, research, and/or analyst roles;
- Extensive experience with core software applications, Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Teams, and iManage Work considered an asset;
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 10 or greater, Windows Server, etc.;
- Exceptional technology skills, with knowledge of common hardware issues, networking problems and software applications;
- Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be a strong team player with high personal integrity and independent judgement; and,
- Must be available for regular on-call rotation and occasional after-hours work; travel within the Atlantic Provinces will be required on a quarterly basis.
Our team members have access to:
- Defined-benefit pension plan;
- Firm-paid health and dental benefits;
- Health spending account;
- Personal (wellness) spending account;
- Time for you:
- Including vacation, personal and sick days.
- Balancing life:
- Work from home / Flex work options available for many team members.
- Our Team - we can't say enough about our people! You will be part of a collaborative, collegial, respectful and caring team; and,
- Have the opportunity to participate in a variety of teams including Collective Social Responsibility, Wellness, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Special Events and so many more!
McInnes Cooper is committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive, representative of the communities in which we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from persons who identify as racially visible, Indigenous, persons with disabilities, women in underrepresented roles and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. Applicants from these equity groups may self-identify through our on-line application process.
As part of the recruitment process, MC will provide accommodation(s) to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation(s) to participate in the recruitment process with us, please contact at Alana Burgess at [email protected] or 902.455.8260.
A little bit about us
McInnes Cooper is among Canada's 25 largest business law firms and the exclusive member of Lex Mundi for Atlantic Canada, the world's leading network of independent law firms. Providing strategic counsel to industry-leading clients here and abroad for more than 160 years, we continue to thrive through our relentless focus on client success.
Our mission? To turn our knowledge, skills, and effort into value for our clients and our communities through dedicated leadership.
At McInnes Cooper you will find a team that values you. We recognize that our members are key in delivering outstanding client service and we provide a collaborative, professional environment with a member focused culture. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that values, respects and supports different perspectives, cultures and experiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We recognize that our individual differences make us a stronger, more adaptable law firm. We embrace these differences and give all of our members the opportunity to develop their unique skills and talents.
Collective Social Responsibility
We are recognized as a leader and innovator amongst Canadian law firms in the field of Collective Social Responsibility. Our people are concerned citizens who enjoy giving back. Together, we focus on developing ongoing partnerships with community organizations that do amazing work, often despite limited resources and public awareness. As a firm, we have the ability to respond with contributions of time and monetary support, and our people give generously of their skills and effort.
Pro Bono Legal Services
Through our Pro Bono Program, we provide legal counsel to disadvantaged people and organizations that have difficulty gaining access to justice on matters of public interest.
Like any large organization, our operations leave a footprint on the environment. From paper use and waste production to transportation and energy consumption, we continually look for opportunities to minimize that impact.