The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource based products in industrial minerals and wood pellets for industrial, commercial and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets.
We are currently looking for a Heavy Equipment Mechanic to join our Hardwood Lands, NS Maintenance Team. This role reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and will be responsible for regular maintenance and service to mobile equipment.
As an integral part of our Operations Team you will:
- Regular Fleet maintenance of our mobile equipment;
- Maintain records of service and repairs to equipment;
- Manage an inventory of Parts/materials required for service and maintenance to ensure uptime availability;
- Maintain a clean and organized work space;
- Will be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Grade XII or equivalent Red seal certificate required
- Post-secondary training as a Mechanic or Heavy Equipment Mechanic.
- Red Seal certificate required
- Able to work under pressure and troubleshoot equipment including:
- Dump trucks
- May be called upon to assist in troubleshooting/repair of plant equipment as well
- Able to perform complete repair and overhaul
- Diesel Experience an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong sense of safety
- Ability to work without supervision and to get along well with others
- Good organizational skills
- Familiarity with computers is an asset
- Appreciation and knowledge of production environment
- You are customer focused and understand how to prioritize and multi-task with a sense of urgency when required
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required to accommodate equipment down times
- You have a strong knowledge and practice of safe work habits and procedures at all times
- You are exceptional with machining and precision measurement skills
- You are a team player and use your interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with your customers and your team.
Why work for our Shaw Resources team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies and Shaw Resources please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Milford, NS B0N 2H0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person