Tidal Tractor, (formerly Van Oostrum Farm Equipment and Blueline New Holland Limited), is a part of SanStone Investments growing group of companies. Tidals' core business is serving both agricultural customers with Case IH and New Holland Tractors and Equipment as well as construction, forestry, and landscape customers with Sany Equipment. Tidal is also proud to represent several other short lines supporting the agriculture and constructions fields. Tidal Tractor has the knowledge and experience, of people from multiple locations, to provide top tier service supplied with parts from its fully stocked shelves. The entire Tidal team takes its responsibility to mitigate customer down time seriously.
We are currently seeking Heavy Duty Field Technicians to join our team at our Port Williams (Annapolis Valley) location. The main focus would be on Sany excavators, wheel loaders, as well as telehandlers, with some potential work on agriculture equipment from time to time.
What you'll do
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Service, repair, recondition and assemble customer or dealership equipment, new or used, as assigned by service manager
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair, and order parts in a timely manner
- Determine parts required and place parts order for completion of repairs.
- Set-up and PDI of equipment to dealership and Brand expectations
- Perform thorough inspections on repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Maintain a clean and safe working area, including machine being worked on
- Maintain safe work habits and areas according to Tidal Tractor safety protocols. Assume an active role in safety and in the safety of fellow employees and customers.
- Report any additional repairs needed or other problems to Service Manager to help keep customers informed and involved
- Ensure work orders are completed properly; all information regarding repairs done, supplies and parts used, and information regarding excessive delays in repair time are to be noted.
- Return warranty parts to Service Writer
- Attend service schools, internal training, manufacture training, etc. as required
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisors/management.
What you'll need
- Red Seal Certification preferred, 2+ years of experience performing service repairs on heavy equipment or agricultural equipment (looking for individuals with strong experience in either one of those two areas)
- Travel required for off site repairs and some training
- Steel-toed safety boots required
- Driving abstract required (at expense of company)
- Weight handling over 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Standing prolonged periods, walking, lifting
- Disassembling and assembling equipment
- Operating power tools
- Passport required-possible international travel required for training
Work Schedule: The proposed work schedule shall be Monday through Friday during the week, with rotational weekends. Rotational weekends during peak season approximately May-October
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Tidal Tractor serve the farming, construction, and consumer markets in Nova Scotia. Tidal Tractor has the knowledge and experience of multiple agricultural commodities and agricultural equipment applications, which is our true strength, in addition to a large selection of construction equipment. Nova Scotia is a diverse agricultural region, and includes orchard, corn, soybeans, wheat, grapes, carrots, potatoes, dairy, beef, poultry, a booming construction industry and some much more. Nowhere else in the world can you find such a variety of crops grown, and we have the experience to find an equipment solution for whatever you may grow.
We have a fully stocked parts department and our service department has multiple Trained Technicians on staff. We are is focused on continued customer service after purchase.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We offer a competitive wage based on experience; group benefits (health, drug, dental, life, accident and disability); nine stat holidays, three personal days; company matching pension plan up to 5% of earnings. Employee discount on parts and equipment. Safety boot and uniform allowance. A truck, laptop and cellular phone will also be provided.
Other benefits include:
Extended health care
View Careers Page