Are you interested in an environment committed to excellence where you can make a difference working in a team focused environment and enjoy work life balance?
For over 25 years, The Berkeley has committed to providing gracious, independent retirement living to seniors while also offering a continuum of care in response to life's changing needs. Our enduring commitment to extraordinary personal attention, safety and service offers residents of The Berkeley a worry-free lifestyle with all the comforts of home.
The Berkeley has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join our Culinary Team
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operations of the Kitchen, using cost-effective approaches and initiatives to ensure quality meals and customer satisfaction.
What you'll do
Working as a positive, contributing member of The Berkeley community, the responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Leading the Culinary team to provide exemplary service for all residents
· Ordering and maintaining inventory of food and supplies
· Preparing and serving quality meals in a safe and presentable manner
· Planning menus and developing recipes, while working within the budget, dietary
constraints and avoiding unnecessary wastage
· Fostering a positive work environment, while supervising, coaching and developing
members of the Culinary Team
· Interacting with Residents and soliciting feedback regarding their dining experience
What you'll need
To qualify for this role, you will need:
· Red Seal Certificate, completion of a training program from a recognized institution,
or equivalent experience
· Hold a current Food Safety Certificate and be familiar with NS Food Safety Regulations
· Must demonstrate a creative flair for menu planning, food preparation and presentation
· Experienced in the execution of special and therapeutic diets
· Must be an effective team leader who leads by example, delivering a high standard of
· Must be able to work and communicate effectively with the team and residents
· Experience working in the hospitality and health care environment
We're looking for
A little bit about us
For over 25 years, The Berkeley has committed to providing gracious, independent retirement living to seniors while also offering a continuum of care in response to life's changing needs. Our enduring commitment to extraordinary personal attention, safety and service offers residents of The Berkeley a worry-free lifestyle with all of the comforts of home.
With four well-placed locations throughout Metro, our buildings are all within close proximity to grocery stores and pharmacies, offering residents convenience as well as independence.
The Berkrley is very proud to be recognized by AON as a Platinum Best Employer for Small & Medium Organizations since 2013.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is a Full Time position that offers 40 hours weekly at a competitive salary, Health & Dental Insurance, and Group RRSP Retirement Benefits with Deferred Profit-Sharing. Kitchen operations run from 7:00Am to 7:00PM, seven days a week. No evening shifts!