Role Mission & Summary
Halifax's busiest and most dynamic operator of waterfront attractions: Ambassatours Gray Line, is seeking engaging and entertaining individuals to join our team of Harbour Hopper guides. Our guides delight in sharing highlights of the city and harbour by delivering warm and informative tours to our guests on Atlantic Canada's most popular tour.
What you'll do
Core Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Taking personal responsibility to create positive first impressions with our guests
- Taking responsibility for helping people who are visiting Halifax understand and appreciate the area they are visiting
- Studying the tour content away from work and adding personal anecdotes, to make it your own
- Meeting your group, develop a rapport with them, guide your group and return them safely
- Delivering factual, knowledgeable information which includes providing commentary on the special features of our location, attractions, history, ecology
- Reporting issues or passenger incidents to your supervisor
- Handling customer feedback and complaints warmly and professionally
- Professional attitude toward this important role in the company
- Managing customer lines, answering guest questions, and providing general customer service in the Hopper lot as scheduled
- Personal interest in local history, culture, architecture, ecology (plants, animals)
- Considerate and kind personality
- Natural 'people person' who can respond and accommodate all types of guests, no matter their backgrounds or where they are visiting from
- Sense of humor
- Well-organized, accustomed to handling groups
- Ability to work with all ages, including seniors and children
What you'll need
- Availability through September and October. All days of the week
- Studies in hospitality, tourism, history, or other arts programs
- Previous public speaking experience
- Previous theatre or drama experience
Previous experience working in a customer service-related position
A little bit about us
Ambassatours Gray Line Ltd.
Ambassatours is the top provider of shore excursions for the cruise lines arriving seasonally in the port of Halifax. We offer a wide variety of tour guiding opportunities in many entertaining and interesting tours including Hop On Hop Off sightseeing tours aboard vintage British double decker buses, coach, walking and hiking tours.
Ambassatours Gray Line is proud to be both Rainbow Registered and Certified as an Age Friendly employer, committed to providing our employees a sense of inclusion and belonging.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Full time and part time positions available with irregular hours including weekends and holidays
Ambassatours Gray Line is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of employment equity for all applicants and employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Ambassatours are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, regardless of age, race, colour, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, or any other of the protected characteristics as per the Human Rights act of Nova Scotia. Ambassatours will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.